Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help with shoulderboards

Article about: I need the forum's help with the regulations about wartime shoulderboards. After '43 when shoulderboards were re-introduced, do the shoulderboards always have the branche insignia or did sho

Default Need help with shoulderboards

I need the forum's help with the regulations about wartime shoulderboards. After '43 when shoulderboards were re-introduced, do the shoulderboards always have the branche insignia or did shoulderboards also exist without such insignia? Or is typical for postwar that the branche insignia disappeared again?

I have come across a jacket with some Airforce shoulderboards without the branche wings insignia and I wondered if this is wartime or not?
    Thanks a lot for the help. These regulations are something remote for me and online I didn't find much help either. Hereby the shoulderboard:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with shoulderboards
    P
    Many

?

Try putting "Приказ НКО 25 Погоны" into Google and it should give you an idea.

I think the intention was probably that all epaulettes would have a branch badge. In reality, I'm sure it was dependent on availablity.

Thanks Boycie. I tried and to be honest I didn't get much further since I don't read Russian. I tried with images only and it seems as if all shoulderboards apart from infantry have branche insignia. It could be indeed that also a lot depended on availability. But before I spend a lot of money on a uniform jacket with these shoulderboards I prefer to be certain about the shoulderboards (jacked is guaranteed original).

?

I'd say that the presence or absence of emblems has no bearing on whether or not they are authentic. (Given irregular adherence to regulations).

From the picture they look pretty good. It looks to me like the silver embroidered base material is non-metalic and they're five-sided which is indicative of early manufacture.

Of course they may not even be native to the jacket.

Thanks a lot for your opinion and insight! Much appreciated!

Does anyone perhaps have, or know of wartime photos from officers without branche insignia on their shoulderboards? I've been searching till my eyes hurt but didn't come across anything yet. I know abnormalities existed during the war years when it comes to regulations. I however did not come across any photos yet so any help would be very much appreciated

?

The problem you have is that with black and white pictures, you can't tell if you're looking at infantry boards or other branches minus insignia. Here's a strong contender for the latter:

Warfare History Network (США): женщины в ВВС. Часть вторая | Общество | ИноСМИ - Все, что достойно перевода

Thanks a lot! Much appreciated It looks indeed airforce without branche insignia.
    It is indeed true that with b/w pictures it is harder to distinguish but if an officer the visor insignia will also tell a lot already.

I found another one, after seeing hundreds and hundreds of photos...and then a hundred more hahaha