Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Pilotka, yes ! but ... period ?

Article about: Hello everyone, Just want your advice about this "hardly used" pilotka. As you can see that's not an untouched model ! But i just want to know if it's a good wartime pilotka ? The

Default Pilotka, yes ! but ... period ?

Hello everyone,

Just want your advice about this "hardly used" pilotka.

As you can see that's not an untouched model ! But i just want to know if it's a good wartime pilotka ?
    The fabric stamp is not clearly readable anymore (41/44 ???) ... they are also 3 cyrillics letter marked of blue ink and some other from black ink with series of numbers, that i guess could be from theater, cinema or museum ?

Star is missing

Thanks !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pilotka, yes ! but ... period ?   Pilotka, yes ! but ... period ?  

Pilotka, yes ! but ... period ?   Pilotka, yes ! but ... period ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pilotka, yes ! but ... period ?
    P
    Many

Lol someone has written "Ded" (grandpa) with a pen inside, a joke or a hint?

In the Russian army, "grandfather" means "a soldier who has completed a term of service, and will soon go home." But maybe it's just a nickname.

I like the material inside and would say wartime or early postwar. But Im not an headgear expert, think that Dom or Phillipe will help you soon. A picture of the backside of the sweatband will be helpful too.

The picture of the backside sweatband.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pilotka, yes ! but ... period ?  

Quote by dimmuborgir95 View Post
    In the Russian army, "grandfather" means "a soldier who has completed a term of service, and will soon go home." But maybe it's just a nickname.
    The funny thing is I read a book recently "Panzer destroyer : Memory of a red army tank commander" from Vasiliy Krysov ... and just before the battle of Kursk in 1943 when he received his new tank SU-122 he also had a new crew and one of them,Emelyan Ivanovich Besschetnov the loader receive the nickname of "old fellow/grandpa" because of his age (40 years) compared to the others who had 19-20-23 years.

Yes, of course, it seemed to them very old - 20 year difference!

hahaha Yes
    but (and I take this from the book) he was a very capable man !
    "... who was the breech operator, could capably drive the self-propelled gun and was a good shooter as well, even tough he had never served in the tank units before."

A very good book that I recommand

Quote by Bagration View Post
    The picture of the backside sweatband.
    I still like the manufacture of this pilotka. Even if its dated 46, 47 or so, I would keep it in the collection, if the price is / was ok. Good pilotkas are not easy to find nowadays. Just put a right star on it.
    Regards
    Wadim

Just like you, I do like the fabrics of this pilotka ! (and his style).
    I guess that's a good production maybe wartime maybe early postwar but I just want to be sure and have some advice !
    But ... I can see that Philippe and RichieC has looking that thread yesterday but didn't give an advice about, don't be afraid to give your opinion I create this thread on purpose

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast