Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Portyanki

Article about: Why Russian soldiers are finally replacing foot wraps with socks | World news | The Guardian Will Russian troops miss portyanki or let out a sigh of relief?....

Default Portyanki

Why Russian soldiers are finally replacing foot wraps with socks | World news | The Guardian
    Will Russian troops miss portyanki or let out a sigh of relief?....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Portyanki
    P
    Many

They will actually miss them. It is a very traditional form of footwear, like the article says, almost Medieval in conception. They cannot have been that bad, given the Germans copied them.

I wear them at our LH events. Always a good talking point with the public. They come in winter and summer weight material.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    They will actually miss them. It is a very traditional form of footwear, like the article says, almost Medieval in conception. They cannot have been that bad, given the Germans copied them.

I wear them at our LH events. Always a good talking point with the public. They come in winter and summer weight material.

Cheers, Ade.
    I heard cotton for summer and a flannel like cloth for winter!....

Nice article with an interview with a German Vet:

How to Wear Fusslappen / der Erste Zug

- - ------- - -

The flannel ones are quite nice.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Very interesting link, cheers Ade!...

?

A 'bad' sign of ones historical interest, when one is so emerged in it, that one follows a thread about 'Fusslappen'

Thanks to both of you for the info - interesting.

There is no hope for us...

?

'WRF - abandon all hope ye who enter here'

bring on the nappies.lol

Well I do wear the original pattern underwear too at events.........

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast