Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Purchased M35, curious abt. its design

Article about: Dmitri , Azad and Michael , thank you for these explanations

Default Purchased M35, curious abt. its design

Friends, see the photos of an M35 I bought from a dealer in the USA. The gym stamp shows the year '39 and the pilotka is dated 1940. No date found on pants. I think the set is pieced-together, what do think? Why are the pants navy color? Why is pilotka not the same color as the gym? Was this typical? Interestingly, one waistband button is inscribed, 'Tallinn'. Pant buttons vary from Bakelite to hard plastic. Gym buttons are smooth backed metal painted in olive drab. Let me know your thoughts. Lastly, my specialty is Soviet posters; if you have questions on Soviet propaganda or posters just let me know. I am happy to help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Purchased M35, curious abt. its design   Purchased M35, curious abt. its design  

Purchased M35, curious abt. its design   Purchased M35, curious abt. its design  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Purchased M35, curious abt. its design
    P
    Many

Default Re: Purchased M35, curious abt. its design

Don't like this set.
    The pants should be navy color - it's right.

Hello Komandir RKKA, what do you not 'like' about the set. Please elaborate. I would appreciate your observations.

?

The marking on the cap is a post 52 year "Red Warrior" factory stamp, someone has change the year to 40, and redone the piping. It's an original pilotka, but post war.
    The trousers are OK. The pips are fake. The gimnasterka itself need needs better pictures. The stamp on the gimnasterka is bad. The buttons are added later for sure as they are aluminum made and was discovered in one of the Russian stocks in a bunch a couple of years ago, and I do not seen that kind of buttons originally placed to gimnasterka. ( buttons was discussed here too)
    Gimnasterka is made itself from a good cloth, and if it's a fake, then it's a new generation of fakes, so we need the better pictures and inside of the pockets too
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Agree with Dimas in all points.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Purchased M35, curious abt. its design   Purchased M35, curious abt. its design  

Dimas and Komandir RKKA, thank you for the observations, your comments alerted me how tough it is these days to acquire original items. Here are detailed photos: one pip, inside of a gym pocket, the gym front button, as well as sewing quality of the collar and sleeve chevrons. How should a TRUE 1939-era gym button appear? I'd like to see a photo of the back and front of a real pre-war era button for a gym. The person who sold this had uniforms they were 'unloading' from a collector and one piece had a Soviet theatrical stamp on the inside jacket. I was leery of this stamp because the quality of the coat was too new for the era it was to be. If you want me to alert you to the person on the Internet selling these items, email me.

I would sure like to know the name of the dealer you acquired this set from...

Comments posted thus far are correct. The hat is a humped up postwar cap. The rank pips are reproductions/fakes, and the shirt buttons are of a later vintage than the shirt. The shirt cloth is generally ok, but is very common and used long after the war. I do not like the pocket construction for a prewar officer's Gymnastiorka, but I am curious what Dimas and Kom. RKKA have to say about that as well.

Can we see the inside of the cuffs?

Too much bad here to feel comfortable with in my opinion. Hopefully a cash recover is possible for you.

I want to thank all of you for alerting me to the defects of the uniform set. I also want to extend my appreciation for War relics.eu as it is a great forum and a friendly place to converse.

?

So, the gimnasterka itself is redone from a 1950's M 43 ( note- holes trough the breast pockets show the M 43 internal pocket removal), 2 of gimnasterkas used, one for parts used on the collar and pockets. Note the pocket type made as a individual tailors work, but not a contract issue.
    In other I 'am with Azad and Michael concerning the pips etc.
    Insignia is also in that case is fake, I had some doubts, but now I'am sure they are bad.
    Most probably dealer who sold it has not anougth of knowledge. Due of a lot of peoples who deal with militaria, but do not deal with a soviet stuff mistakely suspect that all around of world is full of original WW2 soviet stuff- they do not make difference between original war time shoulder straps, padded uniforms, headgear, M 43 gimnasterkas etc
    But currently a good visorhat, even early postwar is very tough to find...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast