Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

A question about the Tulup Bekesha Coats

Article about: Hi all- I have a question regarding the Tulup Bekesha Russian winter overcoat. Was it only issued to the higher ranking soldiers, or was it issued to everyone? I have been trying to get more

Default A question about the Tulup Bekesha Coats

Hi all- I have a question regarding the Tulup Bekesha Russian winter overcoat. Was it only issued to the higher ranking soldiers, or was it issued to everyone? I have been trying to get more info regarding these coats, and all the wartime photographs of people wearing these coats are officers. The only photograph I've seen of an enlisted person wearing one is in an artillery regiment, and it had shoulder boards attached to it. I know this may be a dumb question, but I have been curious about this for a while now.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A question about the Tulup Bekesha Coats
    P
    Many

?

I think stocks would have gone to officers first but they were 100% also worn by other ranks. Try Searching for Polushubok (полушубок) rather than bekesha. I think that was the official designation in the RKKA.

There are plenty of pictures of them being worn with soldier's belts and non-officer gear out there.

?

Here's a Russian thread discussing Polushubok colours. You don't need to read Russian to appreciate the pictures!

Вопросы о Полушубках На Реконструкции - СССР - Форум Военно-Исторических Реконструкторов

Hi- Thanks to everyone for the info! The reason as to why I was so curious about this is because one of my relatives who served during the war (my profile picture) was a private, but at his gravesite (he died in 1944 in Latvia near the city of Alytus) he is listed as an officer, and in a family photo of him before being sent off to the front, he is wearing a Polushubok.

(Also, thanks for the correct word for the overcoat, that's very helpful!)

Here is the photo:

A question about the Tulup Bekesha Coats