Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

A quick question~

Article about: I have come across a readily affordable Red Army M39 Uniform. But is anyone aware if this is the real deal? I've seen an actual Russian reanactor wearing this for the record. Even if it is r

Default Re: A quick question~

...all depends what the question pertains to.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A quick question~
    P
    Many

?

Quote by RichieC View Post
    ...all depends what the question pertains to.
    I guess so. This might sound kind of silly but..do you by any chance know the Soviet Army's policy on facial hair? Was stubble accepted or frowned upon? I know the Germans were very strict about it and the only flexibility was allowed to high ranking officers and the mountain troops, but was it similar for the Soviets?

I own quite a few period images of some pretty hairy guys...

Also, I have read many first hand front line combat accounts where the subject was mentioned describing comrades.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

Interesting. I thought that might be the case. I noticed they generally had short/buzzed hair which is fine as my hair is normally in a crew cut anyways. But I wondered sometimes how some of them managed to be so clean shaven especially during the wintertime. Maybe it's just my Czech heritage or what.~

Hi Milo, I know the seller to whom you refer. He used to be ok on certain items but now I would not use him.

The very best reproduction uniform are made by Schuster in Belarus. They are 100% reliable, our group use Sergei all the time. The products are first class and made to measure. They are also forum sponsors. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

Home

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I have seen the Shuster's uniforms, and it is done very nice, even using old technologies
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Milo, I know the seller to whom you refer. He used to be ok on certain items but now I would not use him.

The very best reproduction uniform are made by Schuster in Belarus. They are 100% reliable, our group use Sergei all the time. The products are first class and made to measure. They are also forum sponsors. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

Home

Cheers, Ade.
    Thank you. Do you happen to know if you ordered an M43 uniform shirt and shoulder boards you could request to have the shoulder boards attached before shipping?

?

I think that is not a problem at all, but if you are reenactor- you need to make this job by yourself
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I think that is not a problem at all, but if you are reenactor- you need to make this job by yourself
    Oh, I have before but it didn't look as good when I did it and my OCD bothered me following afterwards.

Hi Milo, the "Pogoni" or shoulder boards are "slip on" in style and simply button in place.

As in all armies, the wearing of full beards was frowned upon: it would interfere with the tight fitting of the respirator (gas mask). Moustashes were fashionable at times. Hair was worn short for hygene reasons to keep head lice at bay.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast