Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Recent Pick ups

Article about: Forum, I picked up this lot at the SOS from a friend and may possibly be moving some of it along later. Time will tell... Until then, here are a few general photos of the material. 1) Woman'

Default Recent Pick ups

Forum,

I picked up this lot at the SOS from a friend and may possibly be moving some of it along later. Time will tell... Until then, here are a few general photos of the material.

1) Woman's M43 Gimnastiorka and matching Skirt for Airforce Lt.
    2) Woman's dark blue beret. Not the one I posted earlier.
    3) Postwar issue of late war "sawtooth" with "amoeba" overprint camo pattern.
    4) Woman's Dress with factory sewn 41 regulation tabs and a nicely matched M35 Gim and trousers for an EM.
    5) Kitel piped for rifles and a German POW Telegreika with added collar
    6) 41 dated wool trousers with U.S. plastic 4 hole buttons and a pair of prewar leather armor crew tousers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Recent Pick ups   Recent Pick ups  

Recent Pick ups   Recent Pick ups  

Recent Pick ups   Recent Pick ups  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Recent Pick ups
    P
    Many

Default Re: Recent Pick ups

Hi Mike, thanks for showing those. Some really nice items there. I found the beret very interesting to see, especially the construction of it.

Cheers, Ade.

Per a request from Philippe, here are some photos of the stamps in the camo suit. The suit contiains a typical stamp found in leaf patter suits and patterns that came later like this one... both wartime and postwar. There is also an interesting paper tag in the trousers as well. The smock closes with 4-hole dish buttons in steel as per many wartime suits. However, everything here is dated 1953. A rare suit with any date... date before 1992 anyway
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Recent Pick ups   Recent Pick ups  

Recent Pick ups  

Dom
    ?

Hello Michael,
    it is a very beautiful piece with the same date in 1953!
    On receipt of the label paper, the stamp is similar (month + year) with helmet that Dimas has shown

Dom
    ?

I mean the date in February 1942 on the helmet (same style)

Ssch 40. 1942 dated by ZKO factory

Michael,

Beautiful pieces, thanks for sharing them.

Is the collar of the telogreika added from a german uniform?

I saw a similar one some time ago at an auction site.

Regards,

Gus

Interesting camo suit, and probably a safer and more affordable manner to collect the later war patterns.

Soviet wartime camo is still such unexplored territory. There is a Schiffer Publishing book on Soviet camo, but my opinion of it (like most Schiffer Pub. books) is not high.

What I would really like to understand is the date ranges of manufacture for the various suits, even an approximation. From my personal experience the standard Amoeba suit was probably made in greater numbers than any of the others. I say this because it seems to be the one most often offered for sale (Fakes and reproductions excluded). These later patterns are rarely offered, even the postwar dated ones.

Most all the patterns were utilized postwar, even the standard Amoeba. I have a nice picture from the early 1960's of a Soviet vehicle crewman wearing the standard Amoeba suit.

Quote by guscanoesp View Post
    Michael,
    Beautiful pieces, thanks for sharing them.
    Is the collar of the telogreika added from a german uniform?
    I saw a similar one some time ago at an auction site.
    Regards,Gus
    Gus, I remember the one from the auction site that was discussed here. This one is similar, but it is not the same. The collar on this example is not from a German uniform. It is some type of black cloth from a civilian source. Possibly a blanket or bed cover of some sort. The jacket was further modifed by seing the cuff slits closed and removing the take up belt in the rear. The condition is very good and it still has most of the original buttons. These are like Soviet military buttons, but have no emblems on them. They are simply blank.