Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RKKA Gimnasterka, 1944 year, US cotton made

Article about: Rarely seen US cotton made gimnasterka, made by factory "Komsomolka" in 1944 year. All seen this type of gimnasterkas, has been with a factory attached waist supporting rubberized

?

Default RKKA Gimnasterka, 1944 year, US cotton made

Rarely seen US cotton made gimnasterka, made by factory "Komsomolka" in 1944 year. All seen this type of gimnasterkas, has been with a factory attached waist supporting rubberized strap. This is a interesting gimnasterka, recieved last week from the veteran's family. As said the shoulder straps are not original to the gimnasterka, but one of the family members found them in the basement with other vet stuff. The veteran has been in the service as a deputy commander of a signals company in the 53 -th Guards tank brigade.

RKKA Gimnasterka, 1944 year, US cotton madeRKKA Gimnasterka, 1944 year, US cotton madeRKKA Gimnasterka, 1944 year, US cotton madeRKKA Gimnasterka, 1944 year, US cotton made
    RKKA Gimnasterka, 1944 year, US cotton madeRKKA Gimnasterka, 1944 year, US cotton madeRKKA Gimnasterka, 1944 year, US cotton madeRKKA Gimnasterka, 1944 year, US cotton made
    RKKA Gimnasterka, 1944 year, US cotton madeRKKA Gimnasterka, 1944 year, US cotton madeRKKA Gimnasterka, 1944 year, US cotton made
    RKKA Gimnasterka, 1944 year, US cotton madeRKKA Gimnasterka, 1944 year, US cotton madeRKKA Gimnasterka, 1944 year, US cotton made
    RKKA Gimnasterka, 1944 year, US cotton madeRKKA Gimnasterka, 1944 year, US cotton made
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RKKA Gimnasterka, 1944 year, US cotton made
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: RKKA Gimnasterka, 1944 year, US cotton made

What is a strangest thing, the shoulderstraps are war time, but for the Navy Coastal artillery, which is 3 times rare than a normal artillery and tankman straps
    Regards,
    Dimas

The elasticated waist is really interesting!

I like this one very much.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Dom
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The elasticated waist is really interesting!
    Really strange for me , first time I see this kind of thing ?

?

All of the same cloth made gimnasterkas have this detail.
    Regards,
    Dimas

I have an elastic waist Gymnastiorka in my collection, but it is a field modification along with shoulder pads and a Kitel style collar closure. I always assumed that mine was restyled for a woman. Interesting Gym. So there are other wartime 6 sided boards other than NKVD?

Quote by Wesley's Dad View Post
    So there are other wartime 6 sided boards other than NKVD?
    Hi Mike,

NAVAL officers were six sided from the beginning. The shoulderboards that adorn this gym are such.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

...and general's ranks as well I should remember! So just for kicks... how do you tell a wartime Soviet navy coastal artillery board from a post war army officer's board if there is no branch cypher attached?

More specific... How is the board shown on this Gym different that a post war Army Communications officer board? Just trying to learn something here I am not versed in Navy insignia, so I find the boards on this Gym confusing.

?

I've never seen postwar samples made with a silk bride, all postwar examples with gold field only, and they are allways the same in the shape and construction. War time golden field examples are allways different, sometimes the have golden bride from imperial period. I have a very big collection of single straps, will show them later. As a navy straps normally have not branch insignia in the straps, due red straps show only coastal artillery and no other branches are available, but if the bearer belongs to the other service, for example signals, drivers, electrics etc in main branch, f.e chief of the garage in the coastal artillery, then they use it.
    Postwar straps changed the system of branch service, and not widely use them, due of use of the branch insignia mostly in the collartabs. The difference in the postwar branch insignia did not touch just a techservice and artillery, most of the services became a new emblem- the star in the wreath.
    Regards,
    Dimas

Straps junior officers Artillery, but a sign on them belongs Signal Corps.
    I don't like the material and color. much lighter. privates could afford to white wash, but not officers!
    Tie at the waist, this has never in the military things not seen.
    Thing more like Bulgarian gimnasterka of the postwar period

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast