MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Russian Greatcoat Question

Article about: Hey, everyone. I was wondering if you could help me identify this coat. Link here. I've been looking for a coat like this for a while, but I never know what to search for (model, year produc

Default Russian Greatcoat Question

Hey, everyone. I was wondering if you could help me identify this coat. Link here. I've been looking for a coat like this for a while, but I never know what to search for (model, year produced, etc.). So if you guys could help me with any information about this coat I would be eternally greatful. Thanks!

P.S. Are there any good sources/references for Russian greatcoats?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Russian Greatcoat Question
    P
    Many

Default Re: Russian Greatcoat Question

I might be wrong, but I doubt it is a Soviet coat. The shape, the number of buttons, the collar tabs and insignia, the shoulder boards...

Altan789
    ?

It is Not from Soviet Union!!! Color doesn't fit and different style, but very similar!!!

Thanks for the replies! So, it seems that this is just a coat that they're trying to pass off as a Russian greatcoat. Does anyone know any good books/websites/etc. that have information on Russian greatcoats from approximately 1900 to present? I would like to get a perspective on how the Russian greatcoat evolved from it's predecessors. This would also make it easier in identifying fakes and less than honest sellers. Thanks, again!

Oh, they're also selling this one. It looks pretty similar, if not the same, to the previously mentioned coat. Can I assume that this, too, is not a Soviet coat?

It is not a Soviet coat, don't waste your money.

I sent You a PM with a link to an authentic Soviet generals coat, did you check it out?

The question is, do you want a dress, or field shinel (overcoat)?

Boridin

Lawnmover: I did get your PM. Thanks for the tip, and sorry I forgot to reply. It is definitely a nice coat; unfortunately, I don't have the money to buy it . It suck$ being a poor college student. However, don't let me prevent you from buying it if you want.

RedHorseman25: I'm not looking for any specific shinel at the moment. I'm just looking right now to see what catches my eye. That's another reason why I'm looking for reference books/websites/etc. That way I can see what is out there, and what I may be interested in eventually buying. From what I've seen so far, I like both the dress and field shinels pretty equally (I just like overcoats in general, if that wasn't already obvious lol). If I had to pick one I would probably go with the dress shinels, but I'm also interested in the shinels that were worn around the time of the Russian Revolution.

Never seen a soviet one this colour, could be dutch or belgian. Here is a good site with original stuff from ukraine. Soviet Power . com. Also have a look at these Soviet Army Ushanka Hats, Caps, Helmets, Military Surplus