Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Soldier's Sharovari Trousers - How to tell...

Article about: I think Ade it's a 40's set, but made by a small artel, not a private purchase this year doesen't say the year of production it's just depot number

Default Soldier's Sharovari Trousers - How to tell...

... if they are wartime/early postwar - OR - late 40s / early 1950s.

This example is made from cotton. There are no markings whatsoever.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soldier's Sharovari Trousers - How to tell...   Soldier's Sharovari Trousers - How to tell...  

Soldier's Sharovari Trousers - How to tell...   Soldier's Sharovari Trousers - How to tell...  

Soldier's Sharovari Trousers - How to tell...   Soldier's Sharovari Trousers - How to tell...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soldier's Sharovari Trousers - How to tell...
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Soldier's Sharovari Trousers - How to tell...

Quote by RichieC View Post
    ... if they are wartime/early postwar - OR - late 40s / early 1950s.

This example is made from cotton. There are no markings whatsoever.
    Hi Richie!
    The order of N 190 of NKO of USSR from 19 july 1929 says that the summer trousers was made without reinforcements, in 1931 year was applied reinforcements.
    But really I've seen approximately 20% of breeches used in war time with reinforcements. The type of the shown trousers are in use from the end of the war ( IMO, by seen examples ) but they was made by different artels and was not great in quality and almost of them was made of different cloth, as your from the gimnasterka cloth- to gasmask bag thin material as often seen on the winter padded pants.

The order of 1929 year says that the material must be diagonal
    Like I show here on the picture for comparision . Nr 1 in color are most pea green than khaki and diagonal ( standard text book pattern), number 2 is postwar khaki material used mostly on the postwar, but sometimes can be seen on the war time examples.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soldier's Sharovari Trousers - How to tell...  
    Attached Images Attached Images Soldier's Sharovari Trousers - How to tell... 
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

The next picture show the war time and early postwar ( dark khaki, german made, nr 2) pants with comparision of postwar trousers. The angles of the trousers marked with red is different. The postwar marked 1 trousers are made by the cut as the wool autumn/ winter trousers. All of the war time trousers shown are without reinforcement.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soldier's Sharovari Trousers - How to tell...  
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

The shown cloth comparition of the war time faded due of hard wash trousers. First look does not say on the first picture that this is the normal diagonal cloth for trousers- but this is just a mistake of the tailor, he use the cloth with wrong side, the shown square nr 2 is comparision with unfaded back side of the early pre war pants. Next picture show the textbook early lining for that kind of trousers.
    ------------------------------------------------
    As I described abowe the pants in Richie's trousers by the cut could be war time, but properly done the placement for the belt, measurement between buttonholes, and lining which is for me creates a postwar example. War time examples made without a quality . Yours made with care. I like the material used on the pants, but if this will be with not that type of liner ( war time examples seen with white and other materials like color cloth for womans skirts, etc, that was often seen on the artel examples, and mostly without knee reinforcements) and without reinforcements... I will say 50-60 years
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soldier's Sharovari Trousers - How to tell...   Soldier's Sharovari Trousers - How to tell...  

Soldier's Sharovari Trousers - How to tell...  
    Attached Images Attached Images Soldier's Sharovari Trousers - How to tell... 
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Look at this example. There grey liner, and gimnaserka cloth, but cut and belt part is normal for a war time
    Regards,
    Dimas

This is FANTASTIC info! Many thanks!

I have a nice condition 1949 dated pair which I will have to photograph and share within this thread.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    This is FANTASTIC info! Many thanks!

I have a nice condition 1949 dated pair which I will have to photograph and share within this thread.

Cheers, Ade.
    Ade 1949 y dated could be in pattern as a war time
    Regards,
    Dimas

Hi Dimas, here is the 49r marked pair.

I have not seen a pair with an internal pocket on the inside before? Not exactly easy to get at?

Buttons are steel.

A good buy for £10.

Cheers, Ade.

Here are another pair of Shari's I have recently bought along with a Gym, which can be seen here:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/6007-post13.html

I regard both these uniform items as private purchase.

No ink stamps, but there is the remains of some kind of label to the inside pocket.

All buttons are made of horn.

The final pic show them with the previous pair I posted.

Cheers, Ade.

jmatchlock
    ?

Dimas - hope not out of line to ask - but love to see more drawings aka patterns as part of my hobby. Thank You , Jay

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast