Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Soviet M43 Gymnastiorka

Article about: Hi everyone, I have just bought this M43 Rifle Officers Gymnastiorka from a classified ad on this forum. Its in really nice condition and I am looking forward to completing it with shoulder

Default Soviet M43 Gymnastiorka

Hi everyone, I have just bought this M43 Rifle Officers Gymnastiorka from a classified ad on this forum. Its in really nice condition and I am looking forward to completing it with shoulder boards, belt, awards etc. I just wanted some more information about it. The seller felt that it was an M35 tunic upgraded to M43 pattern, and I wondered if this could be confirmed. If this was actually made as an M43 pattern, is it of the wartime type? I know Soviet uniforms are hard to date exactly, but is it legitimate for me to display this as a WW2 item? Any help would be appreciated. Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet M43 Gymnastiorka   Soviet M43 Gymnastiorka  

Soviet M43 Gymnastiorka   Soviet M43 Gymnastiorka  

Soviet M43 Gymnastiorka   Soviet M43 Gymnastiorka  

Last edited by douglas2496; 03-29-2015 at 08:29 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet M43 Gymnastiorka
    P
    Many

it is a M43 and it is not a modified M35. the M43 to offciers have piping down the sleeves. If you can make double-sided photo pockets inside, we will tell you if there is a manufacturing after the war.

Thanks very much for your help. I'm not certain what you are asking me for- do you want to see more photos of the inside pockets? Here is another one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet M43 Gymnastiorka  

it is a M43 for infantry officer. It is there a dual pocket on one of the inside pocket ?

Here are pictures showing both sides of both interior pockets. I cant see a dual pocket. Many thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet M43 Gymnastiorka   Soviet M43 Gymnastiorka  

?

really nice M 43!
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Any further responses would be appreciated. Doug

I like it!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank for the pictures.
    Sateen lining is atypical, it resembles that found within the kittels.
    I think the production of the M43 is 43/45.

Thanks very much for your help. I have looked very closely at the tunic again today and noticed evidence of alteration. This includes sewn up button holes (shown in the pictures) and marks on the collar that look like removed insignia. Also tunic is strikingly similar to one shown in the 'The Soviet Soldier' by Phillipe Rio, described as an M35/43 conversion, matching in just about every detail including the sleeve piping (though the interior is not shown). So I have to ask again, can we be sure this is not an M35 conversion? If it isnt, why would it have been altered like this?

Last edited by douglas2496; 03-29-2015 at 07:45 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast