Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet uniform

Article about: Hi, This is my first post, so first of all I will say that this forum has been a nice discovery for me, as it is not easy to find many people with this grade of knowledge about soviet WWII e

Default Soviet uniform

Hi,

This is my first post, so first of all I will say that this forum has been a nice discovery for me, as it is not easy to find many people with this grade of knowledge about soviet WWII era uniforms and equipment.

I am a long time collector of military uniforms, but have started relatively late in the field soviet material. Years ago (and still in some measure today) it was not easy to collect soviet WWII uniforms, as the sources of information were pretty scarce, and sometimes you had to learn by the trial and mistake system.

The reason for my post is I have seen other messages about the characteristics of uniforms and the way of telling if they are wartime or post war. I have a complete russian "Frontovik" uniform, and after going through all the posts, I am still not sure of what I have. I tend to believe that I have a mixed lot of wartime and post war pieces.

The garment that puzzles me the most is a gymnasterka that I bought in Regimentals of London at the beginning of the nineties.

It bears all the features of a post war shirt (deducted by the other posts in this forum), but it has a wartime stamp ( I have accentuated the contrast of the photo so it can be easier to read). I know that fake stamps are a common thing nowadays, but I never thought it was common in the nineties with soviet uniforms.

I am posting some photos so you can see it. I hope the photos are useful for other members to identify the garment and enlarge the photographic database of the forum.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Gus
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet uniform   Soviet uniform  

Soviet uniform   Soviet uniform  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet uniform
    P
    Many

Default Re: Soviet uniform

Welcome Gus ! i have no idea about your tunic ! but i think Richie C ,Dimas and Adrian , helps you with this tunic

Hello Gus and I welcome you also!

IMO, the entire construction - fabric, thread, and buttons - of the tunic itself dates from 1950s. The shoulderboards could well be wartime production, but these were produced in mass quantities during those times and well into the the 1950s using wartime type materials.

I have strong doubts about the stamp in any case.

I am far from an expert, so let see if Dimas will elaborate further on your questions and on my opinions...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Salut Gus,

I n love not the stamp either, it does not look like has the one that l have can find on a mod 43.

Marc

Hi Gus, welcome to the forum!

I can only agree with Richie's observations.

Sadly fake ink stamps were being added to tunics even at this early date. Thanks for contributing to the forum.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hello Guys!
    The gimnasterka is circa 50- 55 made, with absolutely fake stampings on it. Straps are good and looks like a war time issue
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Shoulder boards probably original but the gimnasterka is postwar.

Thanks Pierre, RichieC, Mark, Ade and Dimas for your warm welcome and your helpful information confirming my my suspitions on the stampings of the gymnasterka.

Best regards,

Gus

?

And someone joking on the stamp is Portuleikinskaja- is from a joke word Portuleikin- which mean the nickname of fakemaker who works with tailoring fakes
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

As I can say- it's too difficult to find a good war time example today...
    Regards,
    Dimas