Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet Wool Coat Identification Help

Article about: Hi, I am a novice collector and this is the first Soviet item I have ever acquired. I have literally no clue what I have here of if this piece is real or fantasy. Any help? Thanks in advance

Default Soviet Wool Coat Identification Help

Hi,

I am a novice collector and this is the first Soviet item I have ever acquired. I have literally no clue what I have here of if this piece is real or fantasy. Any help? Thanks in advance. Let me know if you need any more pictures, etc.

Thanks,
    Phil

Soviet Wool Coat Identification HelpSoviet Wool Coat Identification HelpSoviet Wool Coat Identification HelpSoviet Wool Coat Identification HelpSoviet Wool Coat Identification HelpSoviet Wool Coat Identification HelpSoviet Wool Coat Identification HelpSoviet Wool Coat Identification HelpSoviet Wool Coat Identification Help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet Wool Coat Identification Help
    P
    Many

jwp
    ?

don't know anything regarding the jacket, but I think the Lenin badges were tourist pieces you could buy in Russia in the soviet 1970s period and a bit later.

Quote by behlftball View Post
    Hi,

I am a novice collector and this is the first Soviet item I have ever acquired. I have literally no clue what I have here of if this piece is real or fantasy. Any help? Thanks in advance. Let me know if you need any more pictures, etc.

Thanks,
    Phil

Soviet Wool Coat Identification HelpSoviet Wool Coat Identification HelpSoviet Wool Coat Identification HelpSoviet Wool Coat Identification HelpSoviet Wool Coat Identification HelpSoviet Wool Coat Identification HelpSoviet Wool Coat Identification HelpSoviet Wool Coat Identification HelpSoviet Wool Coat Identification Help
    It's a souvenir piece that you can find at any ex-Eastern Block country. They add all kinds of badges etc to cheap surplus items to make them appealing to tourists. The attached badges and sewn on hammer & sickle are just from the makers imagination, the shinel is original.

Total fantasy item.

I believe saw this listed on eBay for a painful amount of money from a seller here in the USA. Something in the range of $500.00.

I truly hope you did not pay even 10% of that...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Quote by RichieC View Post
    Total fantasy item.

I believe saw this listed on eBay for a painful amount of money from a seller here in the USA. Something in the range of $500.00.

I truly hope you did not pay even 10% of that...
    You have to be kidding me with that price Richie.