Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

strange tunic...fake?

Article about: Hi, An Ukrainian salesman proposes me this uniform. According to him this is a uniform of a lieutenant of the technical services. The uniform seems to be authentic (or a very complex copy),

Default strange tunic...fake?

Hi, An Ukrainian salesman proposes me this uniform. According to him this is a uniform of a lieutenant of the technical services. The uniform seems to be authentic (or a very complex copy), but " post war " (50's?). I am very sceptic as regards shoulder straps. They look like shoulder strap of the Bulgarian army (because of the 6 sides). In the Red Army, only the shoulder straps of the NKVD have 6 sides. Do I make a mistake? Thank you for your opinion.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture strange tunic...fake?   strange tunic...fake?  

strange tunic...fake?   strange tunic...fake?  

Attached Images Attached Images strange tunic...fake? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement strange tunic...fake?
    P
    Many

Just discovered this 5 year old thread which never got a reply.

The tunic itself is original and most likely dates from the postwar period up to the early 1950's.

Others will advise on the Pogoni.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Red piping is for artillery, tank, motorised, medical, veterinary, & administrative - so the shoulderboards do not belong. In my opinion, the wound stripe and plastic medal bar were added on to pimp it up a bit. I can't get a good view of the shoulderboards to make an assumption on their authenticity - but they are certainly not Bulgarian. Six-sided boards appeared for the Red Army during 1946. NKVD, Red Navy, and all Generals and Marshals had six-sided boards from their inception in 1943.

The branch ciphers for electrical engineers are interesting. Stars should be silvered also.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

As I can see from my phone, it's a electro - technical branch insignia, and after the war such kind of the insignia has been worn with blue piped boards,
    however the field was a gold with black stripes
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics