Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Tank officer everyday use shoulder board

Article about: Hello Got this piece together with officers M43 officers version gymnasterka. Nice everyday use shoulder board or starshy lejtnant of tank corps but there's something interesting on the othe

Default Tank officer everyday use shoulder board

Hello
    Got this piece together with officers M43 officers version gymnasterka. Nice everyday use shoulder board or starshy lejtnant of tank corps but there's something interesting on the other side of this epaulete. On holding strap which is made with US style (?) HBT material there's something what seems to be some hand writing. Not really sure but it seems like 43r. So far I've never seen anything else on Soviet epaulette than common "2" or eventually tailor markings. Makes me curios if that's year of manufacturing? And is it private purchase or fro-army made? Another pogon from this gymnasterka is unmarked.
    Could you help with this piece?

Regards
    Jacob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tank officer everyday use shoulder board   Tank officer everyday use shoulder board  

Tank officer everyday use shoulder board  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tank officer everyday use shoulder board
    P
    Many

And this is how it looks to me...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tank officer everyday use shoulder board  

To me this seems to have been fashioned from a 1958 type board and the tongue and it's loop are from appears to be a 1950s field board.

This is and has been a common practice over the course of the last years as authentic pre-1946 type boards are quite difficult to find.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Well, I was ready to agree but I checked something. Tank pins on both epaulettes are different. Pin on epaulette visible above is not matching to the side where this was mounted on shoulder. I've removed that pin and saw two pinholes and clear shadow of left facing tank pin which is matching to another epaulette.Both seems to be well-worn. Btw, werent the 1958 shoulder boards pentagonal-shaped?
    I'll show both epaulettes and gymnasterka itself soon.
    Regards
    Jacob

?

They are not refashioned, they are aluminum braid, which has seen rarely on a 1945/46 GDR made straps. USSR did not produced aluminum braid after the war. The tongues made of US cotton twill, and this gym has been in my collection over a 10 years ( got directly from wet family ). And sure there no any producer markings on them, as it may be just a reissued US cotton cloth. One missed tank has been added by me
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    They are not refashioned, they are aluminum braid, which has seen rarely on a 1945/46 GDR made straps. USSR did not produced aluminum braid after the war. The tongues made of US cotton twill, and this gym has been in my collection over a 10 years ( got directly from wet family ). And sure there no any producer markings on them, as it may be just a reissued US cotton cloth. One missed tank has been added by me
    Great to hear it from you, Sir! Is there a chance that you remember some facts from veterans family regarding his WWII service?
    Regards
    Jacob

?

Just a couple of other things from the same person. The items has been offered to my friend at the flea market, direct by grandaughter, they clean the flat after the grandfather was passed away. Normally in such places peoples are sick to be openminded and in most cases they did not share the information, unless you get the owner's papers. Even some peoples said: this belonged to my grandfather, and when you ask about the name and last name, they just know the name, but they don't know the last name etc... No interest in even own roots history, unfortunately.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics