Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

USSR Shoulder boards - WW2 era?

Article about: Hey, A contact of me is selling these USSR shoulder boards. According to him they are from the WW2 era and reused untill mid '50s. Can somebody help me? Thanks in advance, Kaj

Default USSR Shoulder boards - WW2 era?

Hey,

A contact of me is selling these USSR shoulder boards. According to him they are from the WW2 era and reused untill mid '50s. Can somebody help me?

Thanks in advance,

Kaj

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement USSR Shoulder boards - WW2 era?
    P
    Many

Default Re: USSR Shoulder boards - WW2 era?

Nobody?

The images you present prohibit us from replying sooner than what seems to be convenient for you - as they are of bad quality.

Have your "seller" photograph or scan individual qualitative images of each set - both obverse and reverse is most desirable - post them here - and I promise you, all available that are in the know will indeed convey their opinions within a reasonable amount of time...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Hi Kaj, as Richies says, better pics are needed.

The seller is broadly correct. These could be wartime or equally they could be 1950's.

Cheers, Ade.

Hey Richie & Adrian,

I've already asked for better scans. Apart of that, im a little suspicious myself about these shoulder boards. I've done my research to these shoulder boards yesterday and not one of the ww2 era shoulder boards I've found on the internet are matching these. These are the color codes:

red with white piping
    red with white piping and golden stripe
    purple with black piping
    blue with dark blue piping
    blue with black piping
    blue with black piping and golden stripe

Better scans will be added today.

Kaj

As promised.

This style of board has confused me a bit over the recent years. Why no loop underneath? And why the low quality tongue? My first thoughts are of course, fake - and of course our Russian collector associates would scream the same (with little to no reason why they do so BTW)...

Who knows?

-------------------------------------------------------

The boards with the purple field and the black piping especially interest me.

No written reference anywhere documents this color combination.

However, neither does the same combo tell me that this cap I show now is something that has/has not existed and nobody knows about... Even to our esteemed Russian collector/associates.

As far as I am concerned - and I have been passionately concerned with this genre for many years, this cap is R-E-A-L, from the 50s BTW - IMO of course, and attributed to some obscure Soviet military or state organisation:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USSR Shoulder boards - WW2 era?   USSR Shoulder boards - WW2 era?  

So basically what you are saying is that these shoulder boards are definitely not WW2 era? And about the color codes. I cant find any matching shoulder boards on the web, so my guess is that these are fake shoulder boards that never have been existed in the Soviet army.

Quote by Americanheadcharge View Post
    1- So basically what you are saying is that these shoulder boards are definitely not WW2 era? 2- And about the color codes. I cant find any matching shoulder boards on the web, so my guess is that these are fake shoulder boards that never have been existed in the Soviet army.
    1- Yes...

2- The color codes are odd also, except for these, which I believe are for students of Suvorov Military Academies.

Lastly, their construction seems a bit hokey to me, but that does not mean they are undoubtedly fakes.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USSR Shoulder boards - WW2 era?  

Many thanks.