Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What is this star?

Article about: Anyone know what this star is? I don't know if its even Russian.

Default What is this star?

Anyone know what this star is? I don't know if its even Russian. What is this star?What is this star?What is this star?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is this star?
    P
    Many

It's the same shape as a Soviet cap cockade, but doesn't show any signs of a hammer and sickle ever being attached. There are attachment prongs on the back though. Definitely an odd one.

B.B.

Pre Hammer and sickle? oh what they probably didn't use the Hammer and sickle pre communist era huh?

It might be Yugoslav I think?
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I think Adrian could be right... think ‘Chetnik partisan’...
    Very reminiscent.
    Bob

Default Unknown "cap" star

Interesting object.
    During the war communist resistance groups/partisans were active in various Eastern European countries. The "cap" star may come from one of these groups. For this reason the cap star can also be a so-called home manufacturing.
    The star is rather spherical. Could the star come from a captured German Wehrmacht buckle?
    See this example at the WAF; Trophy buckle GK&F - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums .

Where did you get the star from? Do you have any background information?

Quote by Asjemenou View Post
    Interesting object.
    During the war communist resistance groups/partisans were active in various Eastern European countries. The "cap" star may come from one of these groups. For this reason the cap star can also be a so-called home manufacturing.
    The star is rather spherical. Could the star come from a captured German Wehrmacht buckle?
    See this example at the WAF; Trophy buckle GK&F - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums .

Where did you get the star from? Do you have any background information?
    That's a good question, I'm trying to remember where I got this. I have had it for a few years at least. I know I wouldn't have bought it outright because I don't collect Communist type stuff. I'm thinking it came with other things I bought. I never could figure out what it was so I put it in a box and kinda forgot about it. I saw this forum has a Russian section and remembered the star. It came on that card in the picture. I'll post some better pictures with measurments.

It measures 3 CM wide and the concave is 1 CM deep.

Yes, it's Yugoslavian.

It's a nice one! Lots of character. I own a few different types. This is one of them, made from tin:

What is this star?
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast