Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Worn condition, pre war Gymnasterka ...

Article about: Here is another Gymnasterka which I found few years ago from North-Estonia near a place where Red Army had it's base from 1939 until summer 1941. It has been issued and worn, has 2 x 2 on co

?

Default Worn condition, pre war Gymnasterka ...

Here is another Gymnasterka which I found few years ago from North-Estonia near a place where Red Army had it's base from 1939 until summer 1941. It has been issued and worn, has 2 x 2 on collar so it must have belonged to an NCO. It has some small bloodstains near the right chestpocket, all the buttons have been removed but I found the buttons seprately from the Gymnasterka from the same household. The awards I added myself for the picture (wards belonged to an Estonian 8th Rifle Corps soldier).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Worn condition, pre war Gymnasterka ...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Worn condition, pre war Gymnasterka ...
    P
    Many

Very interesting tunic! Can you show the patch on the left arm?

?

I added the patch myself for the picture, it was an anti-tank unit insignia.

Great gym

What do you mean with "2 x 2" on collar?

?

Quote by Gabriele View Post
    What do you mean with "2 x 2" on collar?
    It had two triangles on both collar ends.

Hello

This is interesting as such Gym with this kind of Pockets were rather for officier.

Nice found, and nice display too

Bruno

?

Quote by bourguignotte View Post
    This is interesting as such Gym with this kind of Pockets were rather for officier.
    Interesting fact about the pockets. I had the officer idea in my mind when I found the Gym and noticed the pockets but I was told by someone that it was just a distinction of a manufacturer and doesn't mean that the owner was an officer. So after I was told that I just assumed that it was an NCO and it had triangles on collar ends. If it turns out to be an officer Gym then probably had squares instead of triangles.

Hello

That may look more logical.

Is there evidence that the gym had some pogonies at some point? In 43 they had to take the old ranki,g marks off to replace them by the new pogonies?

Bruno

?

Quote by bourguignotte View Post
    Is there evidence that the gym had some pogonies at some point?
    The Gym was left in the farmhouse (where I found it) in July / August 1941 and never had pogonies.

I have one that is similar. Mine shows no signs of collar tabs though. Can and will you show a few photos of the obverse and reverse of your collar flaps?

Also, I'd be interested in seeing the buttons underneath the front closure. Mine are missing.

Just curious.

Thanks!

Cheers,
    Richie
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast