Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 Russian Greatcoat Request

Article about: Would love to see a WW2 Russian overcoat or greatcoat on display or however you want to post it. Please no post-war.....thanks in advance. best Dale

SSpolizei
    ?

Default WW2 Russian Greatcoat Request

Would love to see a WW2 Russian overcoat or greatcoat on display or however you want to post it. Please no post-war.....thanks in advance.

best
    Dale

2. # ADS

Default Re: WW2 Russian Greatcoat Request

I have only one prewar/wartime shinel in my collection. Dated 1941, with 1943 modifications (addition of shoulderboards, their loops/buttons/holes, and the replacement collar tabs)...

It shows numerous amounts of wear and repairs - the latter probably made POSTWAR... IMO that is...

Also, the collar tabs are attached backwards. However, an ignorant wartime adornment, IMO.

Not many of these survived, as they were "worn home", stripped of all insignia after service's end, and used until they were unusable in the decades of tough times that followed.

I also own a pair of trousers, made from the same material and leftover buttons. This also reinforces my belief in the "greatcoat period"...

I am sure Dim can enlighten us concerning the aforementioned "greatcoat period"?

Why the request of "no post-war" if I may ask?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Russian Greatcoat Request  
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

I think Richie your is M41, with the straight cuffs, the M 24/27 must have angled cuff ends.
    I will post mine later
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

SSpolizei
    ?

Richie, thnx for sharing. Nice peice. The only original item from WW2 Russia I have at the moment is a groundsheet. Slowly starting, one item at a time. The greatcoat rarity you described is I feel accurate. Excellent display.

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I think Richie your is M41, with the straight cuffs, the M 24/27 must have angled cuff ends.
    I will post mine later

Dim,

Of course, you are correct. But is not M41 still classified as "prewar"?

Please, do not hesitate to show your example(s) as shinel greatly interest me and apparently, another member of our forum......

HI,
    I present to all members of the Forum. My name is Philippe, I live in France and I collect the Soviet militaria of 30 years to 1945.
    I joined this message photographs of a Soviet greatcoat that I found in an attic in Normandy 10 years ago or so. The mice had holes but with patience we were able to repair them and simply add a pair of shoudlerboards.

By kiev41
    Regards and Happy New Year to all.
    Philippe

Here is mine 1940
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Russian Greatcoat Request   WW2 Russian Greatcoat Request  

WW2 Russian Greatcoat Request  

?

Here is a couple of mine, M27 and 2 M41.
    Example in khaki, US or British wool made ( probably cloth from Antanta help or bought pre war in the West or similar was made by USSR)
    I had about 10 y ago more than 10 pieces, most of them I've sold to Ostfront.com in the same time. But one I keept for me. All of them was dated 1941 year, my is unclear stamped. Shoulder strapped one is 43 dated, and too salty- nearest feature will sell this one, due of nice replacement will got soon.
    And a M 27 is pre war with clear traces of triangle collar insignia, by material is mid to end 30's. Will never sell it, due of absolut impossible to find a better replacement. I have more of the coats, but have no time to make more pictures, but will do that asap.
    N.B. The triangle infantry tabs are not genuine
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Russian Greatcoat Request   WW2 Russian Greatcoat Request  

Regards,
    Dimas

?

Default order from 20 Februar 1941 year

Here is some pictures from a order of February 20, 1941 year for Commanders overcoat.
    Here is written that overcoat for high officers must be made in finest wool, from junior lieutenant till major -half rough wool. For senior NCO's soldiers rough wool. In dark grey color

WW2 Russian Greatcoat Request   WW2 Russian Greatcoat Request  

WW2 Russian Greatcoat Request   WW2 Russian Greatcoat Request  

Regards,
    Dimas

Dim,

Please, define "Antanta".... AND, when you have "extra spare time" , I am certain that all of us would like to see further scans of these "order from 20 Februar 1941 year"...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast