Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

11th evacuation hospital ike jacket

Article about: Recent pick up, the DUIs and driver badge are pin back, the unit patch, rank, overseas bars, service stripe and ruptured duck have all been stripped off. Wondering if the guy was an ambulanc

Default 11th evacuation hospital ike jacket

Recent pick up, the DUIs and driver badge are pin back, the unit patch, rank, overseas bars, service stripe and ruptured duck have all been stripped off. Wondering if the guy was an ambulance driver. Once i get it in the mail I will check the collar brass and pockets for more info.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 11th evacuation hospital ike jacket   11th evacuation hospital ike jacket  

11th evacuation hospital ike jacket  

Anyone know what patch would have been worn on this?

Received this today. Has shadows for a 7th army patch on left shoulder, 5th army patch on right, meritorious unit patch, 5 or 6 overseas bars, tech rank and 3 year hash. Seller included his medical piped overseas hat as well.

The medical disc is screw back and the us disc is a stamped brass with zinc back and two posts.

Seller said she knew him. Named him as Bluford Cooper. I cant find anything on him online.

MAP
    ?

Nice Ike jacket. I looked at the NARA database (for WW2 period) and could not find anything as well.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Nice Ike jacket. I looked at the NARA database (for WW2 period) and could not find anything as well.
    I found a few mentions of him in mason city iowas papers from 1949 being a vfw commander. The uniform came from iowa as well.

MAP
    ?

Quote by jdamaso1111 View Post
    I found a few mentions of him in mason city iowas papers from 1949 being a vfw commander. The uniform came from iowa as well.
    There you go. A match. Not like it's a common name
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I have most of what i need to restore this just need a meritorious unit patch and seventh army patch then ill attempt sewing.

Turns out i had the wrong spelling of his first name. Seller provided me with his obituary info. I have sent out for his service record.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 11th evacuation hospital ike jacket  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast