Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1937 British Battledress blouse.

Article about: by NCA Its a minefield this game! All the brass buttons are made by Cheney of Birmingham.(just looked at the back of them!) They are the same as the ones on my 40 pattern BD trousers and are

NCA
    ?

Default 1937 British Battledress blouse.

I bought this BD a while ago and i have to admit some aspects of it are making me nervous...The cuffs appear to be relined with the same type of denim found on denim bd, but reversed if you get my meaning.It shows the inside of the material rather than the green side.Lack of label..not a big deal as they often are missing.The inside pockets are made from slightly differrent coloured drill, the usual sandy brown drill on one and a distinctly darker shade of green drill on the other.The inside waist lining is the same, one half is a different shade.I know this all sounds rather anal but when you pay good money for these things you want the genuine article!I guess im looking for reassurance from those that are familiar with these thing.
    Also any clues as to what is printed on the pocket?

1937 British Battledress blouse.1937 British Battledress blouse.1937 British Battledress blouse.

Default Re: 1937 British Battledress blouse.

Hi, can you show all of the interior please?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

NCA
    ?

Here.I hope the pics show the colour difference.I would hate think this is a very well done cut 'n' shut job!!Im hoping they are just period repairs.

1937 British Battledress blouse.1937 British Battledress blouse.

My first thought was it might have been a post war Greek example and someone has tried to remove/hide the Greek stamps, but I now tend to think it is just the result of using whatever cloth was to hand at a time of shortages during the war. Is it a small size, as the 2 could be the size. If it had said RCT I would have said 2nd Royal Corps of Transport, but TRC is not one I recognise, perhaps Territorial Reserve Cadets, but that is just thinking out loud. Strange it does not have a broad arrow stamp and I would expect to see the size, though the 2 might be that. The four hole brass buttons are correct for early P37 BD's as are the revolving shank buttons on the shoulder straps, though other types were used on them.

Sorry, but I cannot be more certain in my opinion on this.
    Regards,

Jerry

NCA
    ?

Thanks Jerry.I agree its odd not to have an inspection stamp but then not all items have one...The cuff linings look to be very well done, prehaps the old ones got worn out and replaced?Its definitely BD denim used on them.Could the TRC stamp just be owners initials?

I think you have nothing to worry about.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Is the label remains of the paper type? The early examples had one of that type, which yours appears to be from the pics.
    Regards,

Jerry

NCA
    ?

Quote by Bond View Post
    Is the label remains of the paper type? The early examples had one of that type, which yours appears to be from the pics.
    Yes it is.Definitely not the printed linen type.
    I do feel a bit better about it now! its just the fact there are some very good reproductions around now.This is the first one ive actually handled as well.

As Ade posted and I am in agreement, it is a good early one with a bit of make do (and mend) with what was to hand. The button types and the paper label all say it is a good one. I checked all my reference books and other sources just to be certain.
    Regards,

Jerry

NCA
    ?

Its a minefield this game!

All the brass buttons are made by Cheney of Birmingham.(just looked at the back of them!)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast