Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

1939 British SD RA tunic

Article about: Hello mates!What's up?I hope that you are all well!So,this is a new acquirement from my collection.Here it is an early,1939 dated British SD tunic for a Captain at Royal Artillery.Αll K

Default 1939 British SD RA tunic

Hello mates!What's up?I hope that you are all well!So,this is a new acquirement from my collection.Here it is an early,1939 dated British SD tunic for a Captain at Royal Artillery.Αll King's buttons are present among with the rank pips and collar dogs!The tunic comes with the waist belt named at the same officer but 1940 dated.F.P.W Hooper was a veteran of North Africa battles as the london gazzete says!A big shame that the medal's ribbons are removed.Do you think that responsible for this act is a badge dealer or vet's family!Hope enjoy it! 1939 British SD RA tunic1939 British SD RA tunic1939 British SD RA tunic1939 British SD RA tunic1939 British SD RA tunic1939 British SD RA tunic1939 British SD RA tunic

Looks good. If it had the ribbons up, they could have been removed for a number of reasons, probably by him after he stopped wearing it, though other reasons could exist, as you suggest stripped by his family or a dealer.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi, a nice honest and clean tunic, I cannot see any sign that the ribbons were ever present on this one, maybe he used it as his tunic when the awards themselves were being worn, hence no ribbons? Leon.

Thank you very much mates for your response!Anon why the officers could propably removed the ribbons?I think that the removing of the medal's ribbons didn't destroyed the history value of the tunic.Am I right?