Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

1940 Pattern BD blouse to a Grenadier Guard of the 1st Division, partly researched

Article about: A recent addition to my collection of Battle Dress blouses badged to British units that have fought on the Italian front in 1943-1945. This is a 1940 pattern BD blouse (please notice the mod

Default 1940 Pattern BD blouse to a Grenadier Guard of the 1st Division, partly researched

A recent addition to my collection of Battle Dress blouses badged to British units that have fought on the Italian front in 1943-1945. This is a 1940 pattern BD blouse (please notice the modified front, in order to make the blouse look smarter!) badged to a Grenadier Guardsman belonging to the 1st Division, therefore in the 24th Infantry (Guards) Brigade. It sports proper rifle flanellette triangles 1st Division insignia and regular Grenadier Guards arc titles. On the lining, I have managed to find stamped in ink the owners' service number: 2627709. I have been able to track it on the Grenadier Guards web site and found out the following data: TAYLOR, E F (2627709) (V). Guardsman E. V. Taylor died in 2002. Any hints for further researches on this artifact and Guardsman Taylor? Thank you in advance for your advise and all the very best, Luca
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1940 Pattern BD blouse to a Grenadier Guard of the 1st Division, partly researched   1940 Pattern BD blouse to a Grenadier Guard of the 1st Division, partly researched  

1940 Pattern BD blouse to a Grenadier Guard of the 1st Division, partly researched   1940 Pattern BD blouse to a Grenadier Guard of the 1st Division, partly researched  

1940 Pattern BD blouse to a Grenadier Guard of the 1st Division, partly researched   1940 Pattern BD blouse to a Grenadier Guard of the 1st Division, partly researched  

Default Re: 1940 Pattern BD blouse to a Grenadier Guard of the 1st Division, partly researched

I cannot suggest any further avenues of research. But it looks like a nice original item. Thanks for showing it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: 1940 Pattern BD blouse to a Grenadier Guard of the 1st Division, partly researched

Very nice badged BD, a great addition to your collection IMO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.