Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1943 Dated canadian battle dress

Article about: Here is a battle dress jacket I bought dated 1943 to a maker in montreal https://www.joesalter.com/category/p...le-Dress-Tunic the website I bought it from has good photos as I have not rece

Default 1943 Dated canadian battle dress

Here is a battle dress jacket I bought dated 1943 to a maker in montreal https://www.joesalter.com/category/p...le-Dress-Tunic the website I bought it from has good photos as I have not received it yet.

With the red rank pips and voluntary service ribbon with maple leaf would this of been to an artillery man who served in New Foundland?

1943 Dated canadian battle dress1943 Dated canadian battle dress1943 Dated canadian battle dress1943 Dated canadian battle dress

Newfoundland was not part of Canada until after WW2, they served in the Royal Artillery and would have used English uniforms and equipment. They also have Newfoundland titles in place of the Canada shown on this BD.

Aswell red bordered pips are Infantry

What do you think it was for?

It appears to be missing a flash from the top of the shoulders. Red for infantry as already mentioned and canadian rather than new foundland.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Nice tunic. It interesting seeing the old dry cleaning tags still in them.

Nice BD. Pity a flash is missing.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by SatansCabanaBoy View Post
    Nice tunic. It interesting seeing the old dry cleaning tags still in them.
    Often a good sign that a uniform item is an original, I have a few still with the cleaners tags still in them.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks everyone its a bummer the flash's are missing. Do you think there would be anyway to find out what flashes it should have? Or do you think I have an un-identifiable Infantry BD?

unless the man wrote his name on the information tag on the inside, you will have a hard time...like next to impossible.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast