Become our sponsor and display your banner here

1945 British REEFER JACKET

Article about: Hello All I was wondering whether anybody could provide me with any information on this jacket. A quick Google search throws up the blue Navy type but I can't find anything on this jacket no

Default 1945 British REEFER JACKET

Hello All

I was wondering whether anybody could provide me with any information on this jacket. A quick Google search throws up the blue Navy type but I can't find anything on this jacket nor in my books.
    I assume it was worn by British soldiers / officers as a type of 'jeep coat'. It would appear to have been modified with the addition of battledress sleeves to act as a liner in the arms (I say this as the material is a generous fit and is a British khaki colour as opposed to the liner which is a greener coloured wool - I've tried to show this in the photo but in the hand there is an obvious difference in colour)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	346.5 KB 
ID:	959633   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	29 
Size:	315.4 KB 
ID:	959632  

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	27 
Size:	315.4 KB 
ID:	959634   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	17 
Size:	330.8 KB 
ID:	959636  

?

From the title I thought it was an old coat that people used to smoke pot in the 40s.

- - ------- - -

From the title I thought it was an old coat that people wore to smoke pot in the 40s.

NCA
    ?

I have one of these only mine has a label saying ETO pattern jeep jacket.Its exactly the same.

Quote by NCA View Post
    I have one of these only mine has a label saying ETO pattern jeep jacket.Its exactly the same.
    Many thanks for the reply, does yours have the lined sleeves?

NCA
    ?

Yes it does..same sort of Serge as battledress, maybe a bit 'heavier' though but not as much as greatcoat serge.I've just noticed the epaulettes on yours..mine are just sewn straight on and the inside lining is all one piece serge.