Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

1947 Uniform of an American MP in Trieste

Article about: This uniform belonged to my stepfather. I've stored it in a trunk for about ten years now and I'm sorry if it's a little wrinkled. if you've clicked on this page you likely already know the

bdc
    ?

Default 1947 Uniform of an American MP in Trieste

This uniform belonged to my stepfather. I've stored it in a trunk for about ten years now and I'm sorry if it's a little wrinkled. if you've clicked on this page you likely already know the history behind this. For those that don't, in 1947 the 88th division of the US army was tasked with providing a 5000 man security force in the Italian city of Trieste. The division changed into the army of the Trieste (trust) and remained for seven years after which it was disbanded. The division wasn't around long and was small so uniforms are rather scarce.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1947 Uniform of an American MP in Trieste   1947 Uniform of an American MP in Trieste  

1947 Uniform of an American MP in Trieste   1947 Uniform of an American MP in Trieste  

1947 Uniform of an American MP in Trieste   1947 Uniform of an American MP in Trieste  

TWS
    ?

Very cool. I am familiar with "Trust" because I have a copy of "About Face" by David Hackworth.

Neat that you have a uniform set from a family member.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

bdc
    ?

Thanks Todd, I agree that it's wonderful to have something from such a significant time in his life. He had a good number of grand kids including my daughter so I think his uniform will stay in the family at least one more generation.
    Greg

?

That is nice you have his uniform,even greater that it will stay in the family. Thank you for sharing that with us. Semper Fi. Phil

?

Nice set a couple of the patches look theater made as well as the MP collar disk on the Ike jacket