Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

£20 ebay kitbag full of goodies

Article about: Agree that these are the post war type of revolving shank buttons for the Denim BD. I have a bag full of them and it must mean that your bag of goodies has been pimped since the war. A shame

Default £20 ebay kitbag full of goodies

here is my latest ebay bargain: a 41' dated RAF kitbag that contained a kd jacket, webbing belt, a blank airmail letter and an unidentified bag / cover. The kitbag is named and numbered and to my amazement I found a 44' dated recipt in the jacket pocket with the jacket listed at the top.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture £20 ebay kitbag full of goodies   £20 ebay kitbag full of goodies  

£20 ebay kitbag full of goodies   £20 ebay kitbag full of goodies  

£20 ebay kitbag full of goodies  

Default Re: £20 ebay kitbag full of goodies

Great bargain, they are still to be found on ebay.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks Jerry. I'm chuffed with it. The buttons on the jacket seem strange though.

nice find helldunkle what is the issue with the buttons ,do you think there not period to the jacket cheers james

no well, I suppose I would expect RAF buttons on it. the ones on it are the flat bd revolving shank type in olive green. Thinking about it, I do have another kd RAF jacket with revolving shank buttons but they are a different colour and not the flat type. So maybe RAF buttons were not the norm on kd.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture £20 ebay kitbag full of goodies   £20 ebay kitbag full of goodies  

After a bit of research the unidentified small bag thing is a tool roll.

I have seen KD's with revolving shank buttons and it might have been used post war, but if it all came together and appears to be untouched I would think it is right, though it might have been stripped of it's RAF buttons, who can say and very easy to do if they are on rings or pins.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by helldunkle View Post
    After a bit of research the unidentified small bag thing is a tool roll.
    Are you sure it's not a holdall?

I also share your misgivings about the buttons. They don't seem ww2 period to me either, at least, I've never seen them on WW2 clothing, only post-War, as you say.

Rob

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post
    Are you sure it's not a holdall?

I also share your misgivings about the buttons. They don't seem ww2 period to me either, at least, I've never seen them on WW2 clothing, only post-War, as you say.

Rob
    Yes i knew there was something not right with the buttons. Easily changed back to correct type though....they are all on split rings except the cuff ones and these are a different type again. Maybe some RAF economy buttons will be good, I have some in a tin somewhere. I'm not sure of anything Rob. A holdall it is then, I thought it looked like a toolroll.

Alex

Here is a better photo of one of the buttons removed from the kd jacket, its flat, olive green and plastic.....this isn't right is it? Also a photo the other type of revolving shank button, the same as those on my other, short sleeved kd jacket; this time its on one of my 44' dated denim bd blouses.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast