Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

20th Air Force jacket with soldier info

Article about: Hello all, today I received this jacket as an early birthday gift. I'm really happy about owning this since I've always liked the look of bullion patches and the two on this jacket are great

Default 20th Air Force jacket with soldier info

Hello all, today I received this jacket as an early birthday gift. I'm really happy about owning this since I've always liked the look of bullion patches and the two on this jacket are great. Overall it's in great condition but it is missing the pants and one of the collar disks, getting replacements for both of those shouldn't be very hard to find. So far I haven't been able to find much on the original owner besides his name on a list of men who enlisted from NY state and his obituary from the 2000's. I'd love to find out more such as his job and if he was issued any awards as the full complete uniform would make a great display. If anyone knows of any good archive research services please comment them below. Thank you for reading!

Info

Name: Joseph A. Brilbeck
    S/N: 32938412
    Born: 1919
    Age at enlistment: 44 Years
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 20th Air Force jacket with soldier info   20th Air Force jacket with soldier info  

20th Air Force jacket with soldier info   20th Air Force jacket with soldier info  

Last edited by Politefaun; 09-19-2019 at 02:04 AM.

?

That is really Nice. I love the CBI patch. My Aunt Annie was there. I have her uniforms. She was a WAC in the CBI attached to the AAF
    Happy Early Birthday!!!!
    That is an awesome gift. It's great you have some his info. Good Deal
    What does the label in the jacket say?
    Good luck on your research.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Those are two great looking patches Steve. Nice birthday gift!!

Are you sure he enlisted at the age of 44? That's awfully old and doesn't match with his birth date in 1919. Maybe a typo? And he was actually 24?

Edit. His enlistment was 1943. Age 24 Here is his NARA info

NARA - AAD - Display Full Records - Electronic Army Serial Number Merged File, ca. 1938 - 1946 (Enlistment Records)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Those are two great looking patches Steve. Nice birthday gift!!

Are you sure he enlisted at the age of 44? That's awfully old and doesn't match with his birth date in 1919. Maybe a typo? And he was actually 24?

Edit. His enlistment was 1943. Age 24 Here is his NARA info

NARA - AAD - Display Full Records - Electronic Army Serial Number Merged File, ca. 1938 - 1946 (Enlistment Records)
    Thank you for the info! Yeah I think I need to work on my math skills he should be 24 years of age not 44.

?

wow nice dress jacket! those bullion patches are gorgeous. congrats and good luck on research. (Fold 3 site might have some info?)

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    That is really Nice. I love the CBI patch. My Aunt Annie was there. I have her uniforms. She was a WAC in the CBI attached to the AAF
    Happy Early Birthday!!!!
    That is an awesome gift. It's great you have some his info. Good Deal
    What does the label in the jacket say?
    Good luck on your research.
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Sorry about the late response, the label in the picture is for the pink/white dress shirt that came with it which has "Regulation Form Fit by Carlton" I have no idea if its from WW2. The coat has three markings which are "37R", "5325", and "M" (this one is just before 5325).

?

M-5325 would indicate it belonged to a completely different soldier (83 possibles).

How did you connect Mr. Brilbeck to it?

Cheers,
    Bob

Cracking insignia, by the way!

Quote by Kohima View Post
    M-5325 would indicate it belonged to a completely different soldier (83 possibles).

How did you connect Mr. Brilbeck to it?

Cheers,
    Bob

Cracking insignia, by the way!
    Thank you for the reply, I got the information from the dealer who I assumed got the jacket from the family, it could be likely that the info is wrong though. Just wondering why would the M 5325 mean it wouldn't belong to him? Also I'll post a pic of the markings on the inside.

Nice jacket, just remember that these jackets were sometimes reissued.

A great looking uniform..

If you can obtain the records from NARA then you will have the uniform as well as unit assignments and decorations..

Here is a tutorial I did to show you how to obtain records from NARA..

A Tutorial on how to search for US Service Members Records from the National Archives (NARA)

If you have any questions please feel free to drop me a line, I will be more than happy to assist you in finding out more information..

You have some very good information to go off now, and it was provided by some great researchers as well...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast