MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

36th Infantry Uniform Grouping

Article about: I just picked up this 36th Infantry Uniform today. The jacket is dated June 1944; however, the chevrons look Korean era to me. The helmet is a mystery to me as well but it came with the grou

Default 36th Infantry Uniform Grouping

I just picked up this 36th Infantry Uniform today. The jacket is dated June 1944; however, the chevrons look Korean era to me. The helmet is a mystery to me as well but it came with the grouping but does not look like it fits the era. Any information on this grouping would be very appreciated and helpful as I haven't gotten the chance to do much research into it yet

36th Infantry Uniform Grouping36th Infantry Uniform Grouping36th Infantry Uniform Grouping36th Infantry Uniform Grouping36th Infantry Uniform Grouping36th Infantry Uniform Grouping

looks like a put together.

Master Parachute badge is on wrong side(one would of thought he would have an airborne connection?). The stitching on both SSI are different,36th looks like post war made, there is no ribbons , chevrons are WWII but were worn upto 1948 and in some case you could see them being used during the Korean war. Helmet decals tend to be 1950's.

Jacket June 44 and trousers June 46 almost a 2 year anniversary!

Some of all parts don't add up but all the pieces are legit.

Phill

Thanks for the info! The jacket, pants, and overseas cap all share the same laundry number, I'm guessing this guy spent some time in the service post war. I figured it had been tampered with as I also got curious when I saw the master parachute badge on the wrong side and no ribbons. I got attached to the grouping as I'm from Texas Any guess on when the M1 helmet is from? Korea? Looks a little too nice but maybe its been restored?

Gorgeous M1 helmet marking.. The unit is the 141st Infantry Regiment of the 36th Division.. I would say Korean era and later on the helmet..

I have been doing a lot of research on the 141st infantry, especially Company E of the 141st during WW2. The majority of the unit was comprised of Mexican-American boys from El Paso, Texas and the surrounding area. They lost nearly 90% causalities in the failed Rapido River assault in January 1944. I am very close to several members of E Company..

I just love the 141 helmet... Please let me know if you decide to part with it....

Smitty

Thank you for the info and will do!

Being from Texas myself, I am partial to 36th ID items as well. Just to echo some of the other folks, it does look like the jump wings and maybe the CIB was added. WW II dated items were issued into the mid 50s, especially to NG units. My FIL had an Ike jacket that was WW II dated and he joined in 1956. The T Patch is Post War era, I have always liked this variation with the black base material showing around the edge.