Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

3rd infantry jacket

Article about: Hello everyone! After being away from the forum for quite some time, i was able to save up some money and buy this jacket. It has 3rd infantry and 7th army patches. What had me scratching my

?

Default 3rd infantry jacket

Hello everyone!

After being away from the forum for quite some time, i was able to save up some money and buy this jacket. It has 3rd infantry and 7th army patches. What had me scratching my head is that there are 7th infantry pins on the collar. Are these pins supposed to be with this jacket? I am only skeptical because one would expect a 7th infantry patch on this jacket to go with the pins. Besides this i am quite happy with it. If anyone could clarify the issue with the pins i would be very grateful. All input is welcome!

Thanks,
    Bodey
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3rd infantry jacket   3rd infantry jacket  

3rd infantry jacket   3rd infantry jacket  

3rd infantry jacket   3rd infantry jacket  

?

The lapel pin insignia denotes Regiment, while the Shoulder Sleeve Insignia denotes the Division to which it was assigned.
    The 7th Infantry Regiment was one of the three (7th, 15th & 30th), that made up the 3rd Infantry Division.
    Those would, therefore, be correct Distinctive Unit Insignia for the jacket.

I’d love to see some pictures!
    Bob

Edit: Ah-ha! There they are! Couldn’t see the pictures at first, but thanks!
    That is one fine jacket and appears completely honest. I especially like the improvised Corporal chevrons!
    Well done Bodey!

?

Is there a name or laundry mark (surname initial & partial service number) inside?

?

Quote by Kohima View Post
    The lapel pin insignia denotes Regiment, while the Shoulder Sleeve Insignia denotes the Division to which it was assigned.
    The 7th Infantry Regiment was one of the three (7th, 15th & 30th), that made up the 3rd Infantry Division.
    Those would, therefore, be correct Distinctive Unit Insignia for the jacket.

I’d love to see some pictures!
    Bob

Edit: Ah-ha! There they are! Couldn’t see the pictures at first, but thanks!
    That is one fine jacket and appears completely honest. I especially like the improvised Corporal chevrons!
    Well done Bodey!
    Thank you for clearing that up! and unfortunately there are no markings inside the jacket. Im glad to hear you like it!

?

Love it!
    It’s just the kind of example I look for... complete and unaltered history, and from an outstanding Regiment and Division to boot!
    Such a pity there is no clue to the original owner. It would have been a fascinating research project, with the wealth of information that can be gleaned just from all that insignia.

An excellent find and I’m glad you were able to save up enough for it.
    A truly wonderful example.

All the best
    Bob

?

Hmm interesting uniform, looks like he served occupation duty. Is the combat infantry badge marked on the back? Also I find it strange that they used to PFC chevrons on each side to me a corporals chevron

?

I do not think there are any markings, but i agree it is odd regarding the chevrons

?

Do you have a picture of the back of the CIB it looks postwar to me

?

Unfortunately i do not and i wont be able to get pictures for quite some time

?

Without better pictures I would say the CIB is from the 1960s. A majority of the ones during ww2 were marking sterling