Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

40 pattern austerity BD blouse

Article about: Picked this one up yesterday from a local antiques shop, 44 dated and made by Montague Burton LTD Leeds. 1944 dated and has the M above the arrow for 1944 issue. It has had the lapels presse

Default 40 pattern austerity BD blouse

Picked this one up yesterday from a local antiques shop, 44 dated and made by Montague Burton LTD Leeds. 1944 dated and has the M above the arrow for 1944 issue. It has had the lapels pressed and lined for wear with a shirt and collar, after removal of the hook and eyes and covering of the upper buttonhole, a typical officers conversion and faint traces of 3 rank stars on each shoulder strap. Also has faint traces of shoulder titles and rectangular formation patches and brigade/AofS patches on the sleeves.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 40 pattern austerity BD blouse   40 pattern austerity BD blouse  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: 40 pattern austerity BD blouse

Nice one Jerry, quite a big size for those days!...

Indeed and the big sizes tend to attract the best prices these days, so I was pleased to get it for a sensible price.
    Regards,

Jerry

NCA
    ?

Very nice find.Looks in good order too.Such a pity its been de-badged...Rectangular insignia..hmm, that wittles it down to a few dozen!
    Nice to see the faced officer's type.

Quote by NCA View Post
    Very nice find.Looks in good order too.Such a pity its been de-badged...Rectangular insignia..hmm, that wittles it down to a few dozen!
    Nice to see the faced officer's type.
    Yeh bummer about the missing patches and no other clues to its original badges, no name or serial number to go on, though it was in West Wales, so maybe a clue there, but probably could have come from anywhere and be for any unit, oh well.

Nice to get one of these as I did not have an austerity pattern and the officers tailoring is a nice touch.
    Regards,

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

nice jacket and a good size too. I picked one up the week before last, 40 pattern '44 issue and the austerity BD trousers included in the deal. The collars have been altered in the same way and looking closely it is very interesting to see how it was done. The top two button holes have their buttonhole stitches removed and the button holes are very carefullu stitched up so they are almost invisible. Then a back-panel is added to cover the rear of the button-holes and then it's all folded over and ironed into lapels, the back panels then forming the front of the lapel. Very nifty tailoring that.

I'll add pictures of my own BD jacket and trousers when we have some decent sunlight to show off what great condition they are in.

Two extra pics of it, note it does have a few moth holes and a hole in one of the shoulder straps.

Also a montage of my 10 BD blouse collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 40 pattern austerity BD blouse   40 pattern austerity BD blouse  

Regards,

Jerry