MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

452nd Bomb Group A-2 Flight Jacket with artwork

Article about: Hello, I just bought this jacket on an online auction. It is in MINT conditions and it has a lovely artwork. It belonged to a member of the 542nd Bomb Group, and I even found a picture of th

Default 452nd Bomb Group A-2 Flight Jacket with artwork

Hello, I just bought this jacket on an online auction. It is in MINT conditions and it has a lovely artwork. It belonged to a member of the 542nd Bomb Group, and I even found a picture of the b-17 "Lady Gay" on the internet. I love this jacket, and eve if it turns out it is a fake it will still be a deal. Anyway does anyone have any opinions on it?
    PS I'm going to post more detailed pictures once I actually get it in my hands.
    452nd Bomb Group A-2 Flight Jacket with artwork452nd Bomb Group A-2 Flight Jacket with artwork452nd Bomb Group A-2 Flight Jacket with artwork452nd Bomb Group A-2 Flight Jacket with artwork452nd Bomb Group A-2 Flight Jacket with artwork

Superb jacket and art work! No clue on it's originality but it looks great!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

If it has a collar stand it's possibly original. I had a RoughWear original that belonged to an uncle.... but all of the elastic was shot in the cuffs and waist. If the elastic is still good in your it may be post-war.

even for post war paint job is really well done

Going by the 17 Champagne glass "kills" around the artwork, the 'Lady Gay' must have been a bit of a party plane ......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "