Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

7th Infanty Division "Bayonet Division" Ike jacket

Article about: Here is a rather nice condition Ike jacket from WW2. Its from a fellow who served in the 7th ID with ADSEC patch rank of SSGT. As you can see, the jacket still retains the ribbons and EIB wi

Default 7th Infanty Division "Bayonet Division" Ike jacket

Here is a rather nice condition Ike jacket from WW2. Its from a fellow who served in the 7th ID with ADSEC patch rank of SSGT. As you can see, the jacket still retains the ribbons and EIB with sleeve stripes. Beaded out of Fort Ord California, and was also known as the California Division or Hourglass Division.

Their first taste of war in WW2 was to retake the Aleutian Islands captured by Japan of Attu and Kiska May 11,1943. After that the 7th fought in the Gilbert and Marshall Islands campaign Tarawa. What a "Blood Bath"! Plus Leyte and Okinawa on the Ryukyu Islands chain.

Just a brief overview of the 7th ID during WW2
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 7th Infanty Division "Bayonet Division" Ike jacket   7th Infanty Division "Bayonet Division" Ike jacket  

7th Infanty Division "Bayonet Division" Ike jacket   7th Infanty Division "Bayonet Division" Ike jacket  

The wool the particular jacket is made from is rather heavy and thicker than my others

Nice Ike! That's a CIB on there and not an EIB. So your guy saw action!

Also, in the wearer's right breast inside pocket should be a QM tag.

My bad the wreath 😣. I wasn't thinking while typing.

He definitely saw action for the 7th was very active from early 43 to wars end.

It happens to the best of us!

Default QM depot tag

Here's the tag, but name for the fella who was issued it. He definitely could have used some deodorant 😂
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 7th Infanty Division "Bayonet Division" Ike jacket  

I try to collect Ike's with all the accouterments if possible

It is great to see everything there! My one advice is to search high and low for names or laundry marks. Sometimes those guys were very crafty. I just picked up a 4 pocket 7th AAF that the seller had for years and never saw a mark. Inside the wearer's left sleeve on the inside lining at the wrist was a laundry mark that was pretty bold. Unfortunately he didn't use an initial and just the last four of his service number. But you never know what you can find or where.

I looked everywhere to no evail. Unfortunate, I wish I found a name or service number for this fellow has a little rank. Not just his armpits this guy stunk!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast