Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

American Field Service BD serving with French Army

Article about: I recently obtained this battledress blouse that belonged to a member of the American Field Service. As you can see in the photos, the collar insignia is French and the shoulder slides are I

Default American Field Service BD serving with French Army

I recently obtained this battledress blouse that belonged to a member of the American Field Service. As you can see in the photos, the collar insignia is French and the shoulder slides are I believe for an Aspirant or Lieutenant. It came out of New York but there was no name associated with this BD. I am in contact with the seller in the hope that he can provide additional information that would identify the owner. Of the more than 2000 AFS men that served overseas, only a fraction served under the French in Africa and later with the French 1st Army in 1944-45. There is no label but there is an illegible oval shaped ink stamp in the lining. American Field Service BD serving with French ArmyAmerican Field Service BD serving with French ArmyAmerican Field Service BD serving with French ArmyAmerican Field Service BD serving with French ArmyAmerican Field Service BD serving with French ArmyAmerican Field Service BD serving with French ArmyAmerican Field Service BD serving with French ArmyAmerican Field Service BD serving with French ArmyAmerican Field Service BD serving with French ArmyAmerican Field Service BD serving with French Army I believe that this is a 1940 pattern BD based on my research done on this forum. Is this a Commonwealth manufactured BD or perhaps a US War Aid item ? The matchbook was found in the pocket. Thanks in advance.
    Scott

MAP
    ?

Not my area but I do own a WW1 AFS helmet and uniform. Anything AFS is rare as heck

Interesting however to see it on a WW2 uniform
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for the reply. Yes it is rare and somewhat odd to find an American wearing British battledress bearing French insignia. That's what makes this hobby so enjoyable.
    I would love to see the WW1 uniform if you post it or point me towards the forum thread if you posted it previously.
    Regards,
    Scott

MAP
    ?

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Fantastic tunic and Adrian helmet.
    Thanks for sharing.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Scott Banaszynski View Post
    Fantastic tunic and Adrian helmet.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Just got lucky....tunic was on a rack at a show. And the helmet was sourced by a local picker

Tunic looks to be NZ made

Thank you Rene.
    That will actually be of great help in researching who might have owned this jacket. Also from every account that I have read, the AFS and New Zealand Forces held each other in high esteem.
    Regards, Scott

Thanks again Rene. you were 100 % correct.
    Using a magnifying glass, I was able to make out Millers Ltd. Christchurch as the manufacturer of this BD.

Hello Scott, for your interest: another example of a British BD "pressed" into US Army service: 5th US Army Battledress Blouse: WA come home! Here what's interesting is that the BD blouse as a matter of fact is US Made, sent as War Aid to the British Army.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast