Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Amphibious Ike jacket

Article about: I recently picked up this cool Ike jacket and wanted to share it with you guys. It has a beautiful assortment of patches that include- Army amphibious landing, ADSEC/ETO, Four six month serv

I recently picked up a VERY similar Ike jacket, and thought it would be appropriate to post photos of it here. Sadly the awards and collar brass are missing. I can see evidence where two rows of ribbons were placed. It really makes me wonder what awards this man received.

Although the awards and brass are missing, there is a fourragère attached to the left shoulder. It could be original to the jacket, or it could have been added post war. To be safe I’m going to leave it as I found it.

Sadly I can’t find a laundry number, but I was able to find a very faded/faint last name written behind the collar. After looking at it with a magnifying glass, I believe it reads "AVEN". In total I was able to find 30 possible veterans by searching this name on the WWII veteran database. Hopefully with some time and research I can find out more about the man who originally wore this jacket. I speculate that it’s safe to say that this man was also present for the Normandy landings of June 6th 1944

Best Regards- Jarret

Amphibious Ike jacketAmphibious Ike jacketAmphibious Ike jacket

A nice Ike! New collar insignia and awards could be added fairly easily, but leaving it as you found it is the best way to preserve it IMO.

Regards, B.B.
    ''Everyday you think of living. We are born to die, but I appreciate life. We live day by day, and I always say: yesterday is history, today's reality, and tomorrow's a dream.' -- Henry Flescher, Holocaust Survivor -- March 14, 1924 - August 29, 2018

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123