Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Amphibious Ike jacket

Article about: I recently picked up this cool Ike jacket and wanted to share it with you guys. It has a beautiful assortment of patches that include- Army amphibious landing, ADSEC/ETO, Four six month serv

I recently picked up a VERY similar Ike jacket, and thought it would be appropriate to post photos of it here. Sadly the awards and collar brass are missing. I can see evidence where two rows of ribbons were placed. It really makes me wonder what awards this man received.

Although the awards and brass are missing, there is a fourragère attached to the left shoulder. It could be original to the jacket, or it could have been added post war. To be safe I’m going to leave it as I found it.

Sadly I can’t find a laundry number, but I was able to find a very faded/faint last name written behind the collar. After looking at it with a magnifying glass, I believe it reads "AVEN". In total I was able to find 30 possible veterans by searching this name on the WWII veteran database. Hopefully with some time and research I can find out more about the man who originally wore this jacket. I speculate that it’s safe to say that this man was also present for the Normandy landings of June 6th 1944

Best Regards- Jarret

Amphibious Ike jacketAmphibious Ike jacketAmphibious Ike jacket

A nice Ike! New collar insignia and awards could be added fairly easily, but leaving it as you found it is the best way to preserve it IMO.

Regards, B.B.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3