Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

ANZAC day dress jackets ???

Article about: Hi all got these jackets today from the oppy . I'm not sure what these jackets are I realise they are not military jackets/coats but the first one pictured I think may be a relative of someo

Default ANZAC day dress jackets ???

Hi all got these jackets today from the oppy . I'm not sure what these jackets are I realise they are not military jackets/coats but the first one pictured I think may be a relative of someone that passed that served in ww2 I found the photo in the inside pocket I'm guessing that it must be ANZAC DAY attire which is quiet big over here A nice old civy coat with the patch sew on to commemorate the person/relative that served when you go down for the ANZAC commemorations .both patches are bullion . The second one I'm unsure weather it is military or not . I'm sure I'v seen the patch somewhere .. nothing in the pockets of this one though . No names in either coat and no name readable on the photo either . I realise the coats are not military issue but you do see alot of people wearing nice civy jackets like this at these so I'm guessing that is where they come from . anyone else have any other ideas ?

ANZAC day dress jackets ???ANZAC day dress jackets ???ANZAC day dress jackets ???ANZAC day dress jackets ???ANZAC day dress jackets ???ANZAC day dress jackets ???ANZAC day dress jackets ???ANZAC day dress jackets ???ANZAC day dress jackets ???

Both are Royal Signals. One is the OR's pattern, the other is the Officers style cap badge pattern. Either could be worn, just a matter of personal choice.

British Vets wear similar blue blazers with bullion badges. There is no "official" pattern any dark blue jacket can be worn. Badges are commercially available.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

As Ade has said, these bullion badges are available, and most corps, corps associations and veterans associations have similar....they are purchased and sewn to your suit jacket to be worn at commemorative events

thanks guys I thought that might be the case . Thanks for all the extra info ade and AMGT