Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

ATS Ack-Ack Officers uniform group

Article about: Hiya Hal, thanks. I really like to buy groups. In fact, it is almost all I buy now. ATS collecting has get more expensive in recent years. Price have gone up a lot. WAC stuff is nice too. Ch

Default ATS Ack-Ack Officers uniform group

Hiya, here is a new addition to my ATS collection. Thanks to my friend Des in Scotland for buying this on my behalf Des spotted it in an antiques shop and picked it up for me.

First we have her Austerity pattern service dress jacket. All insignia is original to the jacket. Sadly it has suffered a bit from moth damage. The tailors label and name tag has been removed from the neck area. We think the family must have done this? But we discovered her name in other items in the group. Lt. R Drummond.

Cheers, Lez.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ATS Ack-Ack Officers uniform group   ATS Ack-Ack Officers uniform group  

ATS Ack-Ack Officers uniform group   ATS Ack-Ack Officers uniform group  

Default Re: ATS Ack-Ack Officers uniform group

Her Battledress Blouse.

The insignia, again all original to the jacket is really nice quality. The Anti Aircraft command flashes are private purchase and are of the first pattern. Compare to the ones on the SD jacket and how the shape of the Bow is different. The use of Royal Artillery arm of service strips is noteworthy and rarely seen in use by the ATS. The rank pips are in RA red backing too.

I love the shoulder pads she added to the blouse. Very fashionable in the 1940's!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ATS Ack-Ack Officers uniform group   ATS Ack-Ack Officers uniform group  

ATS Ack-Ack Officers uniform group  

Her skirt. In this the name alone had been cut out of the Edinburgh tailors label. But they missed the penciled surname in the waistband
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ATS Ack-Ack Officers uniform group  

Last item. Her Service dress cap in a fine moleskin wool. Moths love this material. Thankfully most of the damage is on the lower edge.

She had made a rain/sweatcover from a sheet of celluloid and placed it inside the cap. Her initials "RD" are inked on the Edinburgh tailors label. Again she bought the cap locally to where we suspect she lived.

Cheers, Lez.

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Fantastic group Lez a great find !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thanks Paul.

I really like the BD blouse in particular, especially as it fits me

I am only buying groups now where ever possible.

Cheers, Lez.

It's great to see you posting again Lez!!

I hope your feeling better and managing to keep off the fags too! It's hard, I should know, I gave up a 26 year 40-60 a day habit (Embassy Filter's, nothing else would do..) on the 28th June 2008. beside a single relapse at a party early on, I ain't touched one since. The first 12 months are difficult but these days I don't even think about 'em, and I LOVED a smoke! My B.P. is now normal and I really do feel better, so stick with it girl!

Regards, Ned.
    Attached Images Attached Images ATS Ack-Ack Officers uniform group 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

GREAT group ! A real plus that their named ...

Kind regards
    Alex

Hiya, thanks lads.

Did Ade tell you I have now broken my ankle? So I now have my leg in plaster for the next 6 to 8 weeks. It is more trouble than my heart attack. Still not smoking! Luv the Beagle!

Cheers, Lez.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast