Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

ATS BD badged to a Captain of the British Forces HQ in Paris

Article about: Hello everybody! I think it could be of some interest this ATS BD blouse, badged to a captain of the British Forces HQ in Paris, ca. 1944, Mrs. N. Peacock. Is there any evidence of a "1

Default ATS BD badged to a Captain of the British Forces HQ in Paris

Hello everybody! I think it could be of some interest this ATS BD blouse, badged to a captain of the British Forces HQ in Paris, ca. 1944, Mrs. N. Peacock. Is there any evidence of a "1940" Pattern BD aver produce for the needs of the ATS?
    All the very best, Loupie

ATS BD badged to a Captain of the British Forces HQ in ParisATS BD badged to a Captain of the British Forces HQ in ParisATS BD badged to a Captain of the British Forces HQ in ParisATS BD badged to a Captain of the British Forces HQ in Paris

Default Re: ATS BD badged to a Captain of the British Forces HQ in Paris

Hi Loupe, very nice named ATS BD blouse.

Yes, the ATS had a 1940 Austerity pattern. I will get Lez to post a few of hers.

Cheers, Ade.

Hiya Loupie, nice blouse! I have taken the PC off Ade!

I have several 1940 ATS pattern BD's to show you.

The Royal Army Pay Corps example is part of a named group: "E Brown W327857". She served in Wales. I have this lady's coloured FS cap, service dress jacket, large company photo (which is on our living room wall) and a large framed portrait photo.

I have only ever seen the hospital blue version in Austerity 40 pattern.

Cheers, Lez
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ATS BD badged to a Captain of the British Forces HQ in Paris   ATS BD badged to a Captain of the British Forces HQ in Paris  

ATS BD badged to a Captain of the British Forces HQ in Paris   ATS BD badged to a Captain of the British Forces HQ in Paris  

ATS BD badged to a Captain of the British Forces HQ in Paris  

Hello Lez, how do you do? Somewhere buried in my collection there's another couple of ATS BD blouses, one badged to a girl serving at the 15 Allied Army Group HQ in Caserta, something I'm pretty proud about.... but no pic for the moment. Here I'll enclose a single pic of a 1940 Pattern BD blouse ( I do not know whether of the ATS pattern) badged to a Polish woman serving with the Polish Red Corss at Bari during the war. It's not mine, alas, but is a lovely example of how ingenuous were the Poles in reworking and refitting blouses provided by the Brits. Please take notice of the buttons and waist strap put on the left, as is convenient for a lady!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ATS BD badged to a Captain of the British Forces HQ in Paris