Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Aussie BD?

Article about: by Thanatos Gday fella's Stumbled across this today Australian made BD Blouse. Attachment 325146Attachment 325147Attachment 325148 "A very nice 1942 dated Australian made Battle Dress b

Default Re: Aussie BD?

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Found a image of an example of an Australian tag.Not sure how many manufacturers produced this style of garment in this country during WW2 though.Sorry I can't be of more help mate.

Attachment 321229Attachment 321230
    Not the same Dave this is a Vandegrief USMC https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/unifo...et-usmc-13850/

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    It's a hard one as Aust record of mfg where efficiently removed after the war! this is a record vaguely complied
    Australian WW2 Manufacturers Serial Numbers
    Thanks Rene. I had looked at the thread a few times, but mostly it shows Letter code/number marked items without the companies names, so does not help with the example I posted. Maybe S. African then.

Does the example I posted predate the introduction of the Letter/number system?

I googled Pty and got this;

A proprietary company is a form of corporation in Australia and South Africa that is either limited or unlimited. However, unlike a public company there are, depending on jurisdiction, restrictions on what they can and cannot do.
    In Australia, a proprietary company is defined under section 45A(1) of the Corporations Act.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Bond View Post
    Thanks Rene. I had looked at the thread a few times, but mostly it shows Letter code/number marked items without the companies names, so does not help with the example I posted. Maybe S. African then.

Does the example I posted predate the introduction of the Letter/number system?

I googled Pty and got this;

A proprietary company is a form of corporation in Australia and South Africa that is either limited or unlimited. However, unlike a public company there are, depending on jurisdiction, restrictions on what they can and cannot do.
    In Australia, a proprietary company is defined under section 45A(1) of the Corporations Act.
    Ok most likely Aussie, but as I've said I need detail.
    I have only a South African great coat, anything South African is very rare

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Not the same Dave this is a Vandegrief USMC https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/unifo...et-usmc-13850/
    Yep,to true Rene.Was googling looking for tags and didnt look hard enough at the actual cut.My mistake.
    The tag may be useful though.

I appreciate all the input guys, thanks very much for taking the time to comment on this.
    Regards,

Jerry

I took a chance with the poor pics and I purchased it. I'll post some pics when it arrives.

Thanks
    Regards,

Jerry

Hi Jerry, nice one

Been following this thread. Not 100% sure, I am learning towards SA made.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I'm 99% sure it's Australian...

As far as I know no other nation uses 'Pty' in it's company names, but even if they do, everything about it screams Aussie to me: the colour of the wool, the colour of the lining, the big button on the shoulder strap..

South African BDs usually have the SA Broad Arrow on the labels, much like the British ones. In any case, the colour and general appearance is wrong for SA, in my opinion.

Rob

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post
    I'm 99% sure it's Australian...

As far as I know no other nation uses 'Pty' in it's company names, but even if they do, everything about it screams Aussie to me: the colour of the wool, the colour of the lining, the big button on the shoulder strap..

South African BDs usually have the SA Broad Arrow on the labels, much like the British ones. In any case, the colour and general appearance is wrong for SA, in my opinion.

Rob
    Here's my only SA uniform item, gives you reference to the colouring https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/unifo...eatcoat-12325/

The seller also had a S. African made example up for sale, which I don't think sold as it did not meet it's reserve. The SA example was clearly marked as made in S. Africa, Cape town I think it was.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast