Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Aussie BD?

Article about: by Thanatos Gday fella's Stumbled across this today Australian made BD Blouse. Attachment 325146Attachment 325147Attachment 325148 "A very nice 1942 dated Australian made Battle Dress b

Default Re: Aussie BD?

the label looks way to nice for aussie but when you get those photos please post.. Nice one anyway

Here are some pictures of my Aussie BD the tag looks very different.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aussie BD?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Aussie BD?  Aussie BD? 

I think we will have to wait for better pictures to make any definite ID with this one. It could be just bad lighting/blurry resolution making it look more Australian than it really is

Rob

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post
    I think we will have to wait for better pictures to make any definite ID with this one. It could be just bad lighting/blurry resolution making it look more Australian than it really is

Rob

The seller had it listed as Australian, so maybe he knew what he was talking about, but yes, we have to wait for it to arrive and then I'll post some more pics.

SA or Aus, either is good for me, I just wanted a wartime dated BD, so even British would be fine!
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by joseph barrett View Post
    Here are some pictures of my Aussie BD the tag looks very different.
    This tag again is another I haven't seen before, but I can see an Aussie inspectors stamp AW. This one is intentionally for British service as it has a British type spec tag.
    Nice one

I did a search of Australian publications of the era and can not find any mention of Brakes Pty Ltd,Clothing Manufacturers.So im reasonably sure this is not Australian.
    More research needed on it im afraid,it would be nice if they put a countries name on them,Eh
    Cheers Mick

It has arrived. More pics.

It has dished metal buttons at cuff, pockets and the front, with larger buttons on the shoulder straps. It has two labels with the same info on the inside but I have not spotted any broad arrow inkstamps or any clear signs of removed insignia, though I will look at it again and again in different light, as there is a hint indoors of something near the top of the sleeves.

Sadly still no sign of a country of origin stamp.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aussie BD?   Aussie BD?  

Aussie BD?   Aussie BD?  

Aussie BD?   Aussie BD?  

Aussie BD?   Aussie BD?  

Aussie BD?   Aussie BD?  

Aussie BD?   Aussie BD?  

Aussie BD?   Aussie BD?  

Aussie BD?   Aussie BD?  

Aussie BD?   Aussie BD?  

Aussie BD?   Aussie BD?  

Aussie BD?   Aussie BD?  

Aussie BD?   Aussie BD?  

Regards,

Jerry

Hi Jerry, it is certainly a nice Commonwealth made blouse. It is a good size too.

Having seen the new pics, I reckon Aussie now.

Try holding the sleeve up to the light and look at it from the inside to the out: sometimes you will see stitch marks.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade for your thoughts. The 1941 date is what appealed to me the most, but Aussie made would be most desirable, as that is what it was listed as. I found a broad arrow stamp, looks to be over an E or F and R???
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aussie BD?  
    Regards,

Jerry

It has every feature of a typical Australian blouse, as I mentioned in my first post, although now they are even clearer. The shoulder strap has the big rubber button, the buckle is the usual type, the serge and lining materials are right, and for me, the small label is the clincher. That's more Australian than Fosters

A lot of Aussie made BD was used by British troops in the SEAC area. The only Aussie blouse I still have is badged as British RASC SEAC, although it has all it's labels removed, which is why I didn't post it as it wouldn't be much help

Rob

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast