Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Aussie Great Coat 42

Article about: Yeah NT was a considered a state even back then but I think the reason would more likely be that Darwin was always being bombed and there was enough factories on the East coast to keep up wi

Default Aussie Great Coat 42

G'day All

Here's another I haven't dragged out in some years!. I've never seen a minty one!
    as these where popularly worn by Heavy metal head bangers back in the 80's down here

Default Re: Aussie Great Coat 42

AIF
    ?

Nice one Rene!! I see your 1942 Victorian manufactured greatcoat and raise you a 1942 Western Australian manufactured one named to a Victorian

VX111545 Warrant Officer Class2 Albert John Champion 134 AUST BRIGADE WORKSHOP Australian Electrical and Mechanical Engineers (AIF) 25 Sep 1942- 4 Jan 1946
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aussie Great Coat 42   Aussie Great Coat 42  

Aussie Great Coat 42  

AIF
    ?

A few of the smaller details.... Buttons on the waist adjustment, WO2 rank badge and rising sun collar badge

Luke.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aussie Great Coat 42   Aussie Great Coat 42  

Aussie Great Coat 42  

Quote by AIF View Post
    Nice one Rene!! I see your 1942 Victorian manufactured greatcoat and raise you a 1942 Western Australian manufactured one named to a Victorian

VX111545 Warrant Officer Class2 Albert John Champion 134 AUST BRIGADE WORKSHOP Australian Electrical and Mechanical Engineers (AIF) 25 Sep 1942- 4 Jan 1946
    Ahh Bloody nice! I haven't any Western Aussie in my collection! I've Tassy but ya got me here! Lovely GC
    Cheers Mate

AIF
    ?

Cheers mate I got it for the bargain price of $80 about 3 years ago Worst bit is my mate used to own his named officers peaked cap and he sold it a week before I picked this up It wasnt until I showed him this he recognised the name ...damn! Im hoping to reunite them eventually.

Your Tassie stuff wouldnt happen to be marked T22 would it?

Cheers Luke.

Quote by AIF View Post
    Cheers mate I got it for the bargain price of $80 about 3 years ago Worst bit is my mate used to own his named officers peaked cap and he sold it a week before I picked this up It wasnt until I showed him this he recognised the name ...damn! Im hoping to reunite them eventually.

Your Tassie stuff wouldnt happen to be marked T22 would it?

Cheers Luke.
    G'day Luke

No it's T55 and a Pair of Wool service trousers.
    And 80 bucks - very nicely priced. Good luck on the reunification as I bet he will be asking for a trade!

AIF
    ?

I will have to double check I have a set of woolen anklets I havent looked at them for some time, Im sure they are T22 but maybe they are T55 I rarely ever see Tassie stuff and Ive never seen any NT made stuff ever... not sure it even exists

Quote by AIF View Post
    I will have to double check I have a set of woolen anklets I havent looked at them for some time, Im sure they are T22 but maybe they are T55 I rarely ever see Tassie stuff and Ive never seen any NT made stuff ever... not sure it even exists
    I'm guessing but NT could fall under QLD maybe as NT is not a state. For me Western Australia made gear is the rarest

both nice greatcoats

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast