Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Aussie jacket info?

Article about: Hi all I picked this Aussie DPU jacket up locally for 50c Au . Was wondering if these were issued or weather they are just civy made jacket.The tags have been removed The outer camo is very

Default Aussie jacket info?

Hi all I picked this Aussie DPU jacket up locally for 50c Au . Was wondering if these were issued or weather they are just civy made jacket.The tags have been removed The outer camo is very well made . it has lining in it like a US flight jacket I have but yellowish for the price I couldn't leave this one :P I understand it may be to modern for this forum but I thought maybe an ex service man might have the answer ?
    cheers matty

Aussie  jacket info?Aussie  jacket info?Aussie  jacket info?Aussie  jacket info?

They were issued and could be private purchased ,

I have one with the tag on it still

Sorry for the bad pics, mine was made by a defence contractor in southport , 20min away from where I live !

Quilted inside very comfy !

Aussie  jacket info?

Aussie  jacket info?

?

[CHARGE][/CHARGE]The one matthewtanner has is a private purchase one, a lot of diggers started buying these in the early 90's and units allowed them to be worn in the field, then the army bought out an issued item, which was dodgy and shit basically, so the private purchase ones were still popular....they had more pockets, better zips and clips.....I bought about 3 different types in my career

The issue ones were way to thin, and made noise when you wore them.....the private purchase ones were made with real cloth rather than the shiny, noisy fabric of the issue omes

?

Actually, these pretty much disappeared after Timor in 99..... I don't really recall a lot of the soldier in Darwin wearing them much after that....they were bulky and a bugger to carry around in your pack, I was a driver, so I could stash mine under the seat...But as new uniforms and other bits of kit were issued, these sort of fell out of fashion....

Thanks for the info guys much appreciated .
    matty