Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Australian Battle Dress Blouse, dated 1943

Article about: An Austrlian Battle Dress Blouse, prduced for the needs of the Commonwealth armies in 1943 (as long as I know, the Austraian Army stuck to the Service Dress Tunic for the duration of the war

Default Australian Battle Dress Blouse, dated 1943

An Australian Battle Dress Blouse, produced for the needs of the Commonwealth armies in 1943 (as long as I know, the Australian Army stuck to the Service Dress Tunic for the duration of the war). The blouse looks pretty unissued, with all the characteristics of the Aussie production, such as white metal buttons and blued clasp, but I was wondering about the meaning of the code numbers: does N stand for 1943 as in the British Army garments? what could the J.D.D. or J.B.D. ink markings stand for? a designation of the producer? Thank you in advance for your kind help, gents!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australian Battle Dress Blouse, dated 1943   Australian Battle Dress Blouse, dated 1943  

Australian Battle Dress Blouse, dated 1943   Australian Battle Dress Blouse, dated 1943  

Australian Battle Dress Blouse, dated 1943   Australian Battle Dress Blouse, dated 1943  

Australian Battle Dress Blouse, dated 1943  

G'day , nice blouse ! , yes N88 (N for NSW) was a maker code for a certain manufacturer , N88 made many types of Australian military uniforms during WW2,
    I don't believe anyone has been able to name who used N88 as their code .

Here is a great thread on Australian maker codes Australian WW2 Manufacturers Serial Numbers

thank you Australia! and what about the ink stamp? any bells ringing?

Pretty sure it's a inspection stamp .

?

Yes, typical inspection stamp, two or three initials with the broad arrow, applied in a hurry.

Oz.

?

Does your blouse have a central rear seam or is the back panel all of one piece?