Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Australian Boots

Article about: I thought I would share pictures of the seven pairs of boots in my little Australian boot collection. I 'got into' these boots about 20 years ago when I attended the huge Bendigo auto swap m

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Bloody poms spoil everything!....
    You took the Ashes, the scalp of Michael Clarke and now our boots!

Quote by Ubique View Post
    I suspect a lot of ours may have gone overseas via ebay, especially to the UK where they are quite sought after.

Oz.
    Sorry Oz I'm guilty of sending a pair to Italy!

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Sorry Oz I'm guilty of sending a pair to Italy!
    One of my uncles sent a pair to Greece, he had them on his feet at the time.

?

I think a lot of us had uncles like that. One of mine took a pair to Broodseinde but he didn't quite get there.

Oz.

Like all of the WW2 stuff, there was a lot of it made but still a finite amount and it's been 70 years now-more collectors every year and only the same amount of stuff out there...

Here are my Australian Boots. They have no D/|\D or date. They came from a former Israeli Soldier who says they were issued with Australian boots at the conception of Israel. I cant make out if it is an Tzahal (לײהצ) mark on the outside of the boot but I am not sure what it is, if it isnt, if you know what I mean.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australian Boots   Australian Boots  

Australian Boots   Australian Boots  

?

Great boots Roger! I never knew they were supplied to Israel.

Cheers,
    Oz.

Probably left over stores in the region after WW2-the 9th Division was there in Palestine/Syria on garrison/training duties for a while and the Israelis scavenged or bought equipment from wherever it could be found.

The boots came with only one 1940 (?) dated Australian Puttee which also looks to have the Tzahal mark ink stamped on the tie.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australian Boots  

AIF
    ?

Hi Roger, The puttee would be 1942 dated (at the earliest) or later as it has the factory coding Q72. Very interesting to see a pair of Aussie boots used by the Jews! Wonder if they bought up a heap of them as surplus post war?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast