Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Australian \ British BD Trousers

Article about: Cheers Luke for the information, always good to find out something new.

Default Australian \ British BD Trousers

I do not collect Brit items often, but I couldnt pass these up today. I believe they are bds made for the British, or did the Aussies use the same uniform as well.
    Im new to the collecting this area, sorry for the generalized question.

Default Re: Australian \ British BD Trousers

Size 24 would these be womans or a 12 year olds ? lol

They are Australian Army issue. All the Commonwealth Countries wore British style Battledress produced locally.

Nice find.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice pair I'm pretty sure I have a pair 45 dated too in my junk pile but I have to check on the weekend, I haven't come across many of these down here.
    Nice score

A good late war or early post war pair of Aussie BD trousers, 24 is a large size if they are numbered in the same way as the British versions. The N is the letter code for the state in which they were made.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks for the comments Ive been trying to find Australian items here but they are almost non existant. I am looking at an Australian made enfield as well.

AIF
    ?

Awesome score mate! Not really battle dress though... They are known as Trousers, Khaki drill. And a nice hard to find late war set with the double leg pockets too! Are they size 24 as in inches? That does seem pretty small... Could possibly be a woman's set or even a skinny bloke's ...You have to remember that back during the war most Aussies were pretty lean compared to today with most soldiers having grown up in the depression and working hard on farms, but even then 24 is pretty bloody small LOL

Yep 24 inches I believe since they are smaller compared to my size 30s

Interesting then that the Aussies did not use the same sizing system as the British did. I attach a label from some British BD trousers to show what I mean.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australian \ British BD Trousers  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

AIF
    ?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Interesting then that the Aussies did not use the same sizing system as the British did. I attach a label from some British BD trousers to show what I mean.
    Hi Jerry, We did, but just not on normal drill/work trousers or shorts... The sizing was always just the waist size in inches... The Aussie service dress and BD uniforms (tunics and trousers) were sized in a similar style to the British stuff though.

Cheers Luke.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast