Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Australian made battledress blouse and trousers

Article about: Australian produced battledress trousers and blouse. Both are a good size and dated 1942 (although you can’t see it on the faded label of the trousers in my photo). They were made for the Br

Default Australian made battledress blouse and trousers

Australian produced battledress trousers and blouse. Both are a good size and dated 1942 (although you can’t see it on the faded label of the trousers in my photo). They were made for the British and the wool is considerably darker and greener than the British produced khaki uniforms. I can’t see any evidence of badges being on the blouse.
    The blouse and trousers cost me around £100 (they were bought separately) which shows that they are considerably cheaper than the British produced uniforms!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australian made battledress blouse and trousers   Australian made battledress blouse and trousers  

Australian made battledress blouse and trousers   Australian made battledress blouse and trousers  

Australian made battledress blouse and trousers  

Those wartime BD trousers can be hard to find. Post war they were favorite work trousers for returned veterans who were farmers and outdoor workers, and many simply wore out. 1950's BD is easier to find.