Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Australian WW2 Manufacturers Serial Numbers

Article about: Hi & welcome to the forum! Thanks for the input. Love the A2! Cheers, Ade.

Quote by michael77 View Post
    Found this online kind of related
    "Melbourne Textiles labels are somewhat unique in that they are much different from the label styles used on other Aussie kit -- namely that they are typically a small, white square with red text.

I've not finalized my research yet but, in general, labels prior to 1945 have a format which includes the year of manufacture:

M.Tx
    SIZE 4

or some variation thereof.

After 1945, it gets a bit murkier. The date was dropped but the red-on-white tag remained unchanged. I have some documentation indicating that the year was dropped from the label in Feb 1945.

Some items shown "CGCF" on the label whereas others show "AGCF". Those with AGCF are defintely postwar and refer to Australian Government Clothing Factory.

"CGCF" refers to Commonwealth Government Clothing Factory and is inclusive of the war years and into the 1960s."
    Not my view just a found article !
    Is it known at what date they started to use this format label? Did they use it pre war without the date or only introduce it during the war with the date and then drop the date post war

OK, I found the answer in some of the following posts. Apparently you get wartime with and without the date.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Sorry Jerry I thought I replied to this months ago have seen 1939 items with the company names on them and then the codings I think started in 1941? Lucas do you have 1940 gear with N S V W T on it ?

Default Two headed island

My First Tassie coded item sorry dave I try not to give tassies grief but we all know you can kick a vic on me mate... Australian WW2 Manufacturers Serial Numbers

I've got a pair of what I am told are Australian made US EM Wool pants, any interest in me posting them?

Quote by PhantomGuitar View Post
    I've got a pair of what I am told are Australian made US EM Wool pants, any interest in me posting them?
    Post away Mate, love to see them.

Here's a bunch of tags from my junk pile

Here they are, dug them out of a large pile of South African Childrens blouses (I swear they were mens 24's..... ) at a WW2 Reenactment for $15, even if i I didnt know what they were then I knew they were worth getting.

Cheers

IMG_2951_zpsd7ef5569.jpg Photo by KramerBassFan | Photobucket

IMG_2950_zpsd9f34e2a.jpg Photo by KramerBassFan | Photobucket

IMG_2949_zps058f369b.jpg Photo by KramerBassFan | Photobucket

Quote by PhantomGuitar View Post
    Here they are, dug them out of a large pile of South African Childrens blouses (I swear they were mens 24's..... ) at a WW2 Reenactment for $15, even if i I didnt know what they were then I knew they were worth getting.

Cheers

IMG_2951_zpsd7ef5569.jpg Photo by KramerBassFan | Photobucket

IMG_2950_zpsd9f34e2a.jpg Photo by KramerBassFan | Photobucket

IMG_2949_zps058f369b.jpg Photo by KramerBassFan | Photobucket
    Very Very nice and a set I've never seen before Thank you for showing these

just thought I's add these recent buys .Not sure if these tags have already been posted or not but thought I'd might as well add them anyways .
    Australian WW2 Manufacturers Serial NumbersAustralian WW2 Manufacturers Serial NumbersAustralian WW2 Manufacturers Serial NumbersAustralian WW2 Manufacturers Serial NumbersAustralian WW2 Manufacturers Serial NumbersAustralian WW2 Manufacturers Serial NumbersAustralian WW2 Manufacturers Serial Numbers

Does anyone have a sizing chart for tunics? I know there is a bunch of different ones but what would be equivalent to L/XL? I've seen some ranging from 6-18 plus some in 20's 30's etc. I'm trying to track down one online and I'm a bit lost as to what the charts are based off
    Any help appreciated
    Cheers
    Crossbow

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast