Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Australian WW2 RAAF/RAF Irvine Fleece Lined Flying Jacket

Article about: Hi Just seen this, not sure if it's active anymore but the jacket you have posted is in fact an Irvin flying jacket; the reason there are so many panels is that as the war progressed, sheeps

Default Australian WW2 RAAF/RAF Irvine Fleece Lined Flying Jacket

Found this on ebay bit pricey for me .. The seller i trust but the jacket does not look right i have only seen a few examples.
    Militaria: Australian WW2 RAAF/RAF Irvine Fleece Lined Flying Jacket | eBay

Any opinions on this?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australian WW2 RAAF/RAF Irvine Fleece Lined Flying Jacket   Australian WW2 RAAF/RAF Irvine Fleece Lined Flying Jacket  

Australian WW2 RAAF/RAF Irvine Fleece Lined Flying Jacket   Australian WW2 RAAF/RAF Irvine Fleece Lined Flying Jacket  

Australian WW2 RAAF/RAF Irvine Fleece Lined Flying Jacket  
    Last edited by michael77; 10-09-2011 at 05:34 AM.

Default Re: Australian WW2 RAAF/RAF Irvine Fleece Lined Flying Jacket

anyone ?

I've never seen the triangular type panels on a genuine flying jacket (I'm pretty certain this isn't Irvin made) and I don't like the zinc zip and collar buckle either. Not for me, there's better out there.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I'm not sure either
    Here's mine from Johannesburg SA
    Last edited by reneblacky; 10-09-2011 at 12:17 PM. Reason: added text and photos

thanks fellas.. rene did u notice the seller on ebay ?

Quote by michael77 View Post
    thanks fellas.. rene did u notice the seller on ebay ?
    Yep ISWright, they are not always perfect but I have had very good tradings with them (but not all good)

ISWright recently had a German Helmet on ebay which I was interested in to start with, well at least until I got more pics. Only ever got one question answered from them and they never replied after that, or sent more pics. Never put a bid on because things didnt add up but someone put $700+ on it......

About the jacket, well I havent seen anything like that either, seems very stylized or trendy to me

Groan i almost was going to buy it re did my budget looked at how much beer i would not be able to buy for the month and i am unsure if its legit ... Will definetly pass.
    Anyone know any good Military Sellers in Australia which are trustworthy i was lead to believe ISWright Was the one of the best..

Quote by michael77 View Post
    Groan i almost was going to buy it re did my budget looked at how much beer i would not be able to buy for the month and i am unsure if its legit ... Will definetly pass.
    Anyone know any good Military Sellers in Australia which are trustworthy i was lead to believe ISWright Was the one of the best..
    Try this bloke he mostly sells kraut gear but does pop up with good allied gear as well. he has a shop in Essendon as well. I bought one of my first German tunics off him many many years back EK Militaria

thanks Rene looks like good stuff but way outta my price range ill stick to the op shops lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast