Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Battle dress badged to the 10th Royal Hussars, 1st Armoured Division

Article about: As said, a battle Dress blouse, pattern 1940, badged to a Lance Corporal (named Kinnard) of the 10th Royal Hussars, serving in the 2nd Armoured Brigade, 1st Armoured division in Italy, 1943-

Default Battle dress badged to the 10th Royal Hussars, 1st Armoured Division

As said, a battle Dress blouse, pattern 1940, badged to a Lance Corporal (named Kinnard) of the 10th Royal Hussars, serving in the 2nd Armoured Brigade, 1st Armoured division in Italy, 1943-45. Also a pair of pattern 1940 BD trousers, with an interesting alteration: L/C Kinnard had a piece of shirt cloth sewn to the rear of the trousers as a lining, possibily becasue of the notorious itching qualities of the BD wool cloth....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battle dress badged to the 10th Royal Hussars, 1st Armoured Division   Battle dress badged to the 10th Royal Hussars, 1st Armoured Division  

Battle dress badged to the 10th Royal Hussars, 1st Armoured Division   Battle dress badged to the 10th Royal Hussars, 1st Armoured Division  

Battle dress badged to the 10th Royal Hussars, 1st Armoured Division   Battle dress badged to the 10th Royal Hussars, 1st Armoured Division  

Battle dress badged to the 10th Royal Hussars, 1st Armoured Division  

I wonder if his initials were FE?

Looks good and not a unit you see often. I wonder if it was worn post war as it has the metal titles.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Nice items.

Actually the BD trousers are conventional. Here is a pair of mine with the same feature.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battle dress badged to the 10th Royal Hussars, 1st Armoured Division  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Nice items.

Actually the BD trousers are conventional. Here is a pair of mine with the same feature.

Cheers, Ade.
    Very interesting Ade: is there any info on when this feature has been introduced? This is the only pair of BD trousers with such a partial lining I have seen, apart yours!

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    I wonder if his initials were FE?

Looks good and not a unit you see often. I wonder if it was worn post war as it has the metal titles.
    Jerry, since the Italian Star was issued on May 8th, 1945, we could assume that all the BD blouses with such a ribbon are postwar... still the printed 1st Armoured Division flashes are supposedly of war production, then we probably have got to do with the blouse Kinnard was demobbed with?

The Italian star ribbon just means it continued to be worn in the post war period, he could have had it during the war and added the ribbons and the metal titles after the war ended. I have war time dated named tunics with post war ribbons, no problem he just kept using it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Great piece, Nice to see it has the original trousers with it also

Quote by Loupie1961 View Post
    Very interesting Ade: is there any info on when this feature has been introduced? This is the only pair of BD trousers with such a partial lining I have seen, apart yours!
    This came about in an Army Council Instruction of July 1940. It was done to provide additional warmth.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

My 40 pattern bd trousers also have this feature, though it is made of the same fabric as the pockets etc...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battle dress badged to the 10th Royal Hussars, 1st Armoured Division   Battle dress badged to the 10th Royal Hussars, 1st Armoured Division  

Regards,

Jerry

Hi Jerry, that is fine, the instruction originally stated "drill" to be used.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast